SOLVED Front port not working

Reaction score
My CPU front port is not working since I bought it. Every port like USB, Sound..Any suggestion on how to fix this?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Dustin,

If all of the ports on the front are not working, I would suspect a loose connection within your case. Normally there is a ribbon cable from the front input header to somewhere on the motherboard. Are you comfortable working within your PC?

If you let me know the make and model of the PC, I'll see if I can find more detailed information.

Reaction score
Hi Dustin,

If all of the ports on the front are not working, I would suspect a loose connection within your case. Normally there is a ribbon cable from the front input header to somewhere on the motherboard. Are you comfortable working within your PC?

If you let me know the make and model of the PC, I'll see if I can find more detailed information.
Hello Ian,
Thank you so much for replying my question.
Here is the details-
Win7 ultimate
Intel core i3-3220 [email protected] GHZ
RAM-4.0GB
64 bit
please let me know if you need more information. Thanks Again

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Dustin, do you have the make and model (for example, Dell Optiplex 790) - as that will let me look up the motherboard and internal schematics. :)

Reaction score
Hi Dustin, do you have the make and model (for example, Dell Optiplex 790) - as that will let me look up the motherboard and internal schematics. :)
Thanks for helping but I had to change everything like Motherboard, Processor, RAM, Power Supply, and Casing. Its a new PC now.

Ask a Question