Forum Notifications

Reaction score
I LOVE the notifications feature in the top right when the is a message. I've never seen that on any other forums I've been to, it is a custom bit of code?

It didn't appear until I had an unread message on my profile wall, so if you want to see it just let me know and I'll write on it for you so you can see it :ciao:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd like to claim it as my own, but it's part of the vBulletin software we use - this is just the latest version so it has a few extras that older forums don't have yet. :)

Reaction score
Is there a way to make posts that people have replied to appear in the notifications bar?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Is there a way to make posts that people have replied to appear in the notifications bar?
Yep, it looks as though you have automatic thread subscriptions turned off - but if you do this manually (by selecting the subscription type when replying to or creating threads) you'll get a notification there :)

Reaction score
Yep, it looks as though you have automatic thread subscriptions turned off - but if you do this manually (by selecting the subscription type when replying to or creating threads) you'll get a notification there :)
Really? There is a notification for new posts to subscribed threads?

I did not know this, and I've been using 3.7 since the Beta... then again I usually have automatic subscriptions turned off. :p

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I did not know this, and I've been using 3.7 since the Beta... then again I usually have automatic subscriptions turned off. :p
It seems like 3.7 has only just come out, and now there is a 3.8 nearing release :lol: I hope 4.0 is something radically different :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That was good timing! It sounds like vBulletin 4.0 is going to be good if they are working on search engine friendly URLS and a CMS out of the box :)

I'm surprised they think it will be in beta by Q2 next year, that's not too far away at all!

Ask a Question