Forum entry for freezing

Reaction score
Hey,

I've been having these problems with my computer for a while whenever utilising any p2p programs my computer freezes completely and the only way to get it to wok again is the reset button. This is quite a nuisance for me as I use p2p very frequently in the forms of uTorrent, Spotify and some WoW addons. I hope someone can find a fix for me. I've attached an msinfo32 in the hopes it will help you help me :)

Thanks in advance,

Sam

Attachments

Reaction score
Pfft silly me. I saved it instead of exporting it. This one should work now..

Attachments

Reaction score
Saving was good as it was .nfo format. It was just corrupt, that's all.

This is a .txt and wrong format to look at.

Reaction score
Any ideas on how to have it not corrupt? I tried it myself and the only issue was that is was too big for my nfo viewer to access it :s

Reaction score
Boot to safe mode + networking. Create the zipped .nfo file and upload it from there.

Reaction score
Are you using any "found" or altered version of Windows 7?

The only reason I ask is because the .nfo is unable to be read. The reader complains of it either being corrupt ot incompatible with the version (of the reader).

I would do a Windows Update and apply all patches, if any are available.

Then open an elevated command prompt. Type the following, then press enter:

sfc /scannow

--------

Try posting again after doing those things. You might also want to remove any antivirus you have in safe mode with the tool found here, then reboot and install MSE:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Reaction score
Okay. I'm just running the sfc scan. I don't actually have an AV but I regularly scan with Malwarebytes. I would prefer not to have to install MSE or any other AV but if you thinks its necessary I'll give it a shot.

Reaction score
Okay. The scan is finished and I got the message; "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS log."

I attempted to have a look at the log but it gives me the error "Access is Denied."

I'll restart so the changes can take affect and I'll attempt to post another Msinfo.

Thanks

Sam

EDIT: I just checked the optional updates and found updates for my wireless card and for my ethernet port. They're most likely my best bet. Ima try them and get back to you.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, its been 10 minutes and no lock ups. So far so good. If there are no more posts in the next 30 minutes I guess you can assume it's all good.

Thanks

Sam

Ask a Question