Flash

Reaction score
I didn't know that Flash would be a problem, I waited on upgrading to 7 because of two reasons, first I didn't trust it wasn't just another Vista, its a little better and I like that, but also was hoping things might have caught up with it, guess not.

Anyway I'm a bigfish fan and running into some Flash problems with some of the games. Oddly enough, IE 64 bit is able to install and run Flash, I'm not sure how, Firefox can't. Maybe its the silver light thing. But anyway I'm still unwilling to switch. Bigfish games are 7 bucks each and I can afford it. I've been reading that Adobe is at fault for not working to upgrade, so maybe its time to sell it to someone who is? Ah well.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Last I heard, flash didn't work in the 64bit IE browser but it does work on the 32bit browser which is also installed on a 64bit system and is likely what you are using when you select IE. Install the 32bit Firefox which can run flash.

I don't use Bigfish so I can't really help and it seems their own forum isn't much help either...
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/73948.page#1370626
Many complain of jerky movement or it working on one video card and not another.

Are these actually exes? You might try running the games in Vista compatibility mode (you may need to run the installer this way also). You right-click on the exe and choose properties, then the compatibility tab, and set the flag to run this in Vista mode.

If that doesn't work I have another suggestion. Create a directory called c:\Games and install the game there instead of in "C:\Program Files (x86)". The reason I suggest this is because it is possible the game is trying to update .ini files or .dat or actually any type file stored along with the game and Windows 7 does not allow this because it considers the Program Files folder a system folder and UAC (User Account Control) may prevent it.

If this works please report back exactly what you did so anyone else searching for an answer might find it too.

BTW, what version of Win7 is installed on your computer (starter, home premium, professional, ultimate, enterprise)?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Every once in a while ZoneAlarm will say a game is asking for server status, and I don't allow it. The only exe files are the set up files. I haven't run into any problems with jerky screens, except in Luxor 4, which was a defect in the game itself, and only if you had bought it retail you could get a patch, so I trashed that game. All of the Aveyond games end up on Bigfish, paying 7 instead of 20 makes a lot of sense to me lol.

Anyway I'm not kidding, I have installed Flash on IE 64, after I had shut it down and went to reload, I realized there were two IE's, but it was the 64 that got the flash, I wonder if its the Silverfish that makes it able to run it.

Firefox Forums are saying all Firefox browsers at least up to 4, are 32 bit and none will run flash. I get a file that the computer says it can't read and so can't run. They are laying fault with Adobe, I tend to think they might be right.

I'm running Win 7 home premium.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I would go ahead and install the flash in the 32bit IE and give that a try. When you run the install exe does it have a customize option? where does it store the files by default; are they under program files (x86)? If so could you try uninstalling and give it a go to a different folder like C:\Games?

And yes, it's up to Adobe to make their product work in the various browsers. I have flash installed in FF 3.6 and I have no problems, are you using the latest flash?

I have never tried it but there is also a stand alone flash player

Reaction score
This is going to sound weird, I mean it is cuz I don't know what happened, but after installing flash on ie, somehow Firefox made a workable file for it, I don;t know what happened, I installed it about four times then gave up. Then I looked in task manager and listed is firefox 32, I swear I did not install that lol. I guess I'm not going to argue, but I will try to install in games as well, but right now I have flash on ie and firefox.

I wonder if its because they are able to share information, like bookmarks and stuff, maybe firefox was able to get the flash.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The only reason I mention installing to a different folder directory, like Games, is in case the programs try to store settings or high-scores or otherwise update any files in the install directory - if they do not then this will not make a difference, but if they do then you don't want them under the program files or program files (x86) folders.

Reaction score
I don't think bigfishy games do that, and Decide online never got past XP, kind of miss that game but I don't know where it stored that stuff, and Adventure quest, probably stores it on the server. The only one is Aveyond because its a four part game and has to save in a way that when you install the next part it can start where you left off, that game doesn't require flash.

Ask a Question