SOLVED Firefox 3.6.11

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
FF keeps rolling out the browsers, you get used to one, another one is released. But it's no problem. Some of the releases were to fix critical issues, as long as progress is being made, FF can keep them coming.

Cat

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Agreed.

But I personally think that FF is starting to fall behind IE9. The beta us much more stable, and IMO the UI looks nicer.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Agreed.

But I personally think that FF is starting to fall behind IE9. The beta us much more stable, and IMO the UI looks nicer.
Not much of a yardstick for measuring "falling behind", though. I like Opera's UI better than FF's, but I don't find it at all intuitive to use. Similarly, I like Chrome's UI better than any of them, but unfortunately Chrome's support for Greasemonkey scripts is lacking, so I've no use for it for the time being.

Updates to other browsers actually tend to add features; all that patches to IE ever provide are plugs to security holes, and these updates are much too infrequent. IE wouldn't have such a piss-poor reputation if they provided it with proper support and development, but both seem to come to an almost-stop for a couple of years after each release.

If a browser's version number doesn't go up for months then someone's not doing their job.

On-topic: I like that FF has gotten a bit leaner and faster, and certainly more reliable, than it was during 3.0-3.5. Since 3.6 was introduced, each new version has been faster (for me) than the last, and I've not had any crashes.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Me neither, FF has not crashed on me for so long that I've forgot the last time it did. I've tried many browsers, most recently IE9 beta, but continue to stick with FF.

It has everything that anyone could need in a browser, thousands of add ons to suit most anyone, and is fast. I adopted FF as my default browser when it was 3.5RC, nearly a year and a half ago, and it's more than met my expectations.

As for IE, it went downhill after IE8 was released, and I expect the bleeding to continue for it. It had it's days in the late 90's, it's time for M$ to stop bundling it with Windows and we'd all see just how popular it really is.

GO FIREFOX!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cat

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
Anyone tried to see if the speed issues have been sorted?

Still on 3.6.6 here.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I agree with CORE on Opera and it's UI. It's also the most secure browser, according to Secunia PSI. It's just not as tweakable as FF is, plus it's Ad Blocking is a bugger to get right.

I am using both the latest stable releases of FF and Opera and like both. Opera is also a little slow on it's initial page rendering but after that it works quite fast.

Reaction score
Agreed.

IE9 still has a few compatability problems though, but i agree fiefox is falling behind and when ie9 is released as a stable version it would the no. 1 IE to use.

Reaction score
when is 3.7 coming out with all the new stuff? ive been waiting for that for awhile now

Reaction score
yea i was testin it for awhile and it was sick! except for the bugs and stuff so i went back to default but im waiting for the new firefox button and the tabbing options which are pretty neat

Reaction score
does your search bar work like google search? i saw an article on lifehacker about you just start typing and itll scroll through your bookmarks then start searching and changing the page in real time like google but mine doesnt do that

Reaction score
I use google as my home page and not firefox, but yes it works but i dont use it as sometimes it misses letters when i type, i just turned off.

Ask a Question