FF 3.6.4 (full version) is here!

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I was just on my laptop, and a pop up showed to apply downloaded update (FF). I did, and now it's official. 3.6.4 is here. They just keep moving forward at a fast pace. I was already using the beta version of it, so it was not new to me. It is faster than the previous version, and allows for your current addons, so today's the day to move forward, again.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
That's peculiar, I just did an update check and the latest is v3.6.3, I even checked Mozilla's website to be sure.

Que es esto? ¿Cómo lo encontró usted?

¡Luego!

Last edited:
Reaction score
The tradeoff of this release would be that web features would get to users sooner, while the proposed UI features would be delayed until later in 2010.
Quoted from here - https://www.w7forums.com/firefox-roadmap-firefox-2010-a-t5559.html

Could this be where UI features are added to the beta version?
If it says Full Version, I would think that means everything including what was previously left out.:dontknow:

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
There has been confusion, particularly in Mozilla's own circles, since the Betas were offered. Like Cattiley, I opted for the Beta testing . I have installed the 3.6.4.. It certainly does not refer to it, in the "About" but obviously is, a Beta release. If, in the help, you look at the release notes, this is confirmed - it is staying on the "road map"
But anyway, it tends towards semantics. I am using the Beta, as a full release. It works for me.
Another comment:
http://www.ghacks.net/2010/04/18/firefox-3-6-4-beta-released/

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I installed the beta a couple of weeks ago, it updated. There was a place saying "apply downloaded update", and afterwards, when I checked under "help", where it says about mozilla FF, it no longer says beta. It did before. Now, all it says is "version 3.6.4". I done this on both computers. Don't know what has happened elsewhere, but mine no longer says beta. If I've led anyone astray, it's not my bad, all I know is my installs no longer says "beta" on them.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
No fingers pointed at you Cat. As I said in my post, even Mozilla seemed to be a litle confused.
You are 100% correct. It does not say Beta. But all the available info points to it being that??

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I guess they must be a little confused. Usually when what I described happens, it is being upgraded. It shut down, then that graph in the middle of the screen slowly filled, just like an upgrade would. Anyway, I've been pleased with it's performance since installing it. With Firefox, I almost always run the latest beta version. Most likely, there will be a new one soon, as 3.6.4 has to be almost ready to roll. I've had zero problems with it, on six different OS's. I like to use their beta versions, someone has to test them.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I like the beta versions for the most part, but I don't like the way they keep breaking my extensions.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
So far, I haven't had a problem with that. However, your extensions may differ from mine, I have very few of them. Mostly security related ones.

Ask a Question