F-Secure Anti-Vrius 2009 (Conhost.exe)

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
I figured I'd just throw this out there in case anyone knows of a simple solution for this.

After reading the last public Anti-virus Bulletin's testing results of the major AV suites, F-secure managed to end up as one of the top several programs. Unfortunately for both Windows 7 Beta and Windows 7 RC, after installation Windows 7 repeatedly attempts to terminate F-secure upon loading the desktop.

After loading windows F-secure will prompt with a notification warning that (Conhost.exe) is attempting to make changes (ie close) the program. It doesn't matter if I click accept, F-secure won't allow the OS to forcibly shut down the program, and if I click deny I simply get yet another prompt from conhost.exe attempting to close the program.

If I close F-secure myself there are no problems and conhost quits trying to close it. If I restart F-secure the OS again attempts to close it. Is there some setting in Windows 7 that will let me tell the OS to behave or that it's a legitimate program? F-secure works great otherwise, this problem aside. ;)

Reaction score
I have the exact same problem.

Anyone know how to modify the conhost.exe list of programs, to accept f-secure as safe?

Reaction score
Add me to the list. I get 28+ requests before the conhost.exe system mod flag goes away. I have sent support info to F-Secure.
Will see what happens.

Reaction score
Same here. I called f-secure and they told me that it wasn't compatible with the new windows. Their answer was to e-mail them to get a refund and download their new beta version. Has anyone tried that or found any fixes?

Reaction score
Just a note, but F-Secure does have a fix and newer versions that work on Windows 7.
They actually sent me a beta version and I have the latest called "Internet Security Technology Preview" that is loads better. GUI and modules all work great.:)

Reaction score
Mine doesn't stop with the "conhost.exe. warning no matter how many times I click allow or block.

Please if anyone have a solution I will be extremely greatful

H

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Mine doesn't stop with the "conhost.exe. warning no matter how many times I click allow or block.

Please if anyone have a solution I will be extremely greatful

H
Mine never stopped either, and I did not find a workaround at the time. I'd suggest contacting F-secure about it if you purchased their program.

Reaction score
same problem

I've got the same problem. I could not get rid of the alerts, in the end my friend uninstalled f secure for me and has replaced it with free antivirus software however since I've paid for F-secure I'd like to use it. If a solution is found please tell me!

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Hey Typo, if you have already purchased their software then you should contact their support immediately about this as. If they are any good they should either refund your money or get you set up with an upcoming version of their program that does work with Windows 7.

Reaction score
f-secure conhost

Hoi, this workes for me...

For 64bits run f-secure in XP 3 SP mode.....32bit caused no problems
Waiting for the beta to become official.

Ziggo cable.

Reactions: WBS
Reaction score
The FIX

Please get in touch with F-Secure Technical Support and ask them to help you remove FS2009 and install FS2010. Windows 7 only works with FS2010. This will fix your problems.

Reactions: WBS

WBS

Reaction score
I have F-secure thru Shaw membership. I can't make the conhost.exe go away... Very fustrating

Reaction score
I just downloaded windows 7 now all I get from my online Embarq security is a system modification attempt. conhost.exe--how do I get rid of this???? It keeps flashing on when I click on OK

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi grmalin & welcome to Windows 7 Forums

Recently i have discovered The conhost.exe is a Console Window Host. This file is part of Microsoft Windows Operating System. Conhost.exe is developed by Microsoft Corporation. It’s a system and hidden file. Conhost.exe is usually located in the %SYSTEM% folder and its usual size is 270,848 bytes. The conhost.exe process is safe and disabling it can be dangerous, because programs on your computer need it to work correctly. It's still a new application so it's logical that it's not very well-known at Google.

Ask a Question