extended monitors

Reaction score
got a new studio Win 7 tower with one VGA input. How do I add another extended monitor or 2? On my previous machine I used Matrox splitters..
Thank you

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi frank47 and welcome to Windows 7 Forums

Is this a Dell studio tower ? if so you could install a Graphics Card that would have probably twin DVI outputs.

Reaction score
Thank you

Yes. it is a new Studio tower..Any suggestion which video card, that would be compatible? I think it will have to be a PCI express x16 card

Hi frank47 and welcome to Windows 7 Forums

Is this a Dell studio tower ? if so you could install a Graphics Card that would have probably twin DVI outputs.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Just before we go in to GPUs can you please post the full name and model of your Tower also your Motherboard then we can look at some GPUs, and an indication on a price bracket Frank.

Edit / Suggestions

You say PCI express so here is a decent Graphics Card it will enable you to use two Monitors and all of Windows 7 fetchers

Not sure if your from the US but i can post UK links if needed

Sapphire Radeon HD 4350 > http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4501853&CatId=3670

This is a low profile card (will fit your case if its the slim version).

Last edited:

Ask a Question