SOLVED Erased D partition recovery

Reaction score
Hi, I was installing a fresh copy of W7 and by mistake I deleted different partition (D).
Actually first I deleted and then formatted and then again deleted and finally left it alone. At this moment that partition is unallocated and not visible in W7.I didn't write on it so I want to know is it possible to recover it BUT not by professionals (very, VERY expensive!!!) but by me.
So what is the best way to do that?Bear in mind that I have just basic knowledge...Thanks in advance.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Because you formatted I don't know if you will be able to recover but I suggest you try Steller Phoenix's software. It should be able to tell you IF and what it can recover and then you can decide if the cost is worth it. I haven't used it in many years so I don't know their current rate but they used to be more reasonable than Best Buy's "pay whether we recover or not" fee.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I think your chances are decent, just don't create a new partition on the allocated space before you run the recovery tools. Also, I have serious doubts about the capabilities of the "free" recovery tools out there. You really don't want to have to try the recovery repeatedly with different tools if you can help it.

Reaction score
Thank You guys, I did it!100% recovery!Used some mini tool or something!It is good advice not to overwrite on the partition in question.Thanks again!

Ask a Question