SOLVED Epson printer question

andsome

VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know if I have a hardware or software problem. My Epson Stylus Photo R340 has always given me great results using compatible inks. I have NOT changed any inks or settings, but suddenly the quality of photo prints has changed. There is a slight muddiness and a slight purplish cast to photo prints. Even making new copies of photos that I first printed some time ago, is giving these results, nothing like the original prints. A print of the nozzle check is perfect. Epson could not suggest anything other than using their program to print photos rather than Pics print, but this made no difference. I have uninstalled everything relating to the printer including the drivers, and installed the latest drivers from Epsons site. I used C Cleaner after the uninstall. The printer was perfect a week or so ago, but now I am suddenly getting these poor results.

My question has to be. Can a sudden fall off of quality occur after a few years, and is it due now for replacement? I don't want to buy a new printer only to find that the same thing occurs due to the problem lying elsewhere.

Ad

Advertisements

andsome

VIP Member
Reaction score
Problem solved on another forum. I removed the cartridges and wiped the print heads with luke warm water.

Ask a Question