SOLVED EPSON PRINTER multiple copies

Reaction score
Sue's problem of the day...............................have you noticed how there is something EVERYDAY....................

Since downloading the Epson driver for Windows 7 64bit recently my Epson Photo Stylus RX560 will only print 1 copy of anything. No matter how many times I select 2 or more, I only get 1.
I tried asking Epson via their support page but they want the exact purchase date and despite turning the place upside down I cannot find the ****** receipt. Do members think it is the driver or is there something I can do. It is going to be hugely inconvenient when I make my 55 Christmas cards if I have to print the inside greeting 55 times separately............I am beginning to think I am cursed.

Sue

Reaction score
I found a long time ago that the only way to get multipe prints with my Epson was to go a different route. I now click on File/Print. Then enter the number of copies on that window. :) No use just clicking on the print icon.

Reaction score
I tried that and sadly it didn't work........but thank you for replying
Sue

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Are you printing these from inside a Virtual XP environment or from native W7 ?

Reaction score
I am not sure what "native" Windows 7 is but I am certainly not using a virtual XP environment so I guess it is "native" Windows 7.
As for as I know, up until I downloaded the print driver from Epson, I could print multiple copies. It isn't something I do an awful lot so I didn't notice it wasn't working properly until today. I ask for 2 and when I check the display actually on the printer itself, it still says 1 copy. I manually increase the number of prints on the printer and still only get 1. I am starting to think Windows 7 isn't all it is cracked up to be.
Sue

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with Windows 7, it's the driver that's causing the issue probably.

I have an Epson Stylus Photo R-280 with Window 7 64 bit drives and have no issues at all.

Have you tried calling Epson's tech support?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I tried asking Epson via their support page but they want the exact purchase date and ... I cannot find the ****** receipt.
Yes Nibs, she tried.

Actually the article I posted above says it could definately be related to the registry. But suenay had talked in another post about not being able to run Word 2003 and we had suggested she install it in a Virtual environment, so I was trying to find out from what product she is trying to print and is it running under windows 7 or under a Virtual environment as this could definately effect the recommendations.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Well, I would get a little "creative" and sort of, make up an arbitrary date close to the one of when it was purchased.

Reaction score
Now why didn't I think of that? A little bit of creative accounting won't hurt just this once....." he power of truth" never got a printer fixed did it?

Sue

Reaction score
I found my date of purchase so I wrote to EPSON here is their reply

Thank you for contacting EPSON e-mail support.
In reply to your e-mail, the number of copies that you want to print are determined by the application you are printing from and not the printer driver itself. I would therefore advise to change the copies from within the application. If this is not working, try printing from a different application.If you require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact the EPSON Customer (e-mail address removed) Centre and we will endeavour to resolve any further queries you may have.

So.....I tried using my greetings card program and I asked for 2 copies and I GOT 2 COPIES !!!!!! That means it is WORD and WORKS which are at fault. I have ordered the latest Version of WORD from Amazon.... I know I said I didn't want to pay £75 but hey guys...life's too short!
Many thanks for all your suggestions,

Sue
x

Reaction score
I found my date of purchase so I wrote to EPSON here is their reply

Thank you for contacting EPSON e-mail support.
In reply to your e-mail, the number of copies that you want to print are determined by the application you are printing from and not the printer driver itself. I would therefore advise to change the copies from within the application. If this is not working, try printing from a different application.If you require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact the EPSON Customer Inter@ction Centre and we will endeavour to resolve any further queries you may have.

So.....I tried using my greetings card program and I asked for 2 copies and I GOT 2 COPIES !!!!!! That means it is WORD and WORKS which are at fault. I have ordered the latest Version of WORD from Amazon.... I know I said I didn't want to pay £75 but hey guys...life's too short!
Many thanks for all your suggestions,

Sue
x
I am still using Office 2000, including Word and publisher 2000, and have no problem. :)

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
I am still using Office 2000, including Word and publisher 2000, and have no problem. :)
You always state that you don't have problems with this or that.

Why don't you offer some help for the lady?

If you know what the problem is, hints and suggestions would probably be appreciated by her.

Reaction score
You always state that you don't have problems with this or that.

Why don't you offer some help for the lady?

If you know what the problem is, hints and suggestions would probably be appreciated by her.
I would help more if I could. The only way that I could offer any assistance was to point out that a new software program was probably not needed as I am still using a very old one and have no bother. I hope that she can sought things out with the help of someone with more knowledge and save a lot of money. To my puny brain this did seem useful. Maybe not.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I knew that's what you meant .....but I lack the patience, confidence and technical expertise to persevere longer with it. Don't know where my Geordie fortitude has gone these last few years....must be getting old.
When all is said and done ............it's only a machine and not worth worrying about.
Many thanks to EVERYONE who commented , offered help or advice. It is good to know I am not alone!
Sue

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
This is baffling because your printer multi-function machine is not that old. You said you were running Office 2007, right? Even 2003 should work okay.

I'm am not familiar with Epson's software control panel for their multi-function units. Have you double-checked all the settings there.

I know how frustrating this can be. I wish you all the best regarding this matter.

Have you called MS Office tech support to see if they have any suggestions.
(That might turn out to be where they say call Epson tech support, Epson says call Microsoft, the classic "He said, She said" scenario.)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Epson definiitely said the number of prints is nothing to do with the printer but is controlled by the program I am in at the time. I tried to print multiple copies in my Greetings Card Factory program and it works fine (which is good for the Christmas cards).....so the culprit is MS Word ...I was running 2002 Version but I have surrendered and ordered the latest available Version from, Amazon. It has yet to arrive.
I will keep you posted.
Sue

Ask a Question