Setting up an Epson Workforce 610 Printer

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Today we bought for the house an Espon Workforce 610 All-In-One 5 Function Inkjet printer, copier, scanner, and FAX machine.

Office Depot has it on sale nationally for $59.99 through 12-4-2010

I have seen priced up to $179 at some websites and higher. Epson had it as on online special through today for $59.00 also but sold out over the weekend.

Nice unit, pigmented ink, WiFi Networking setup (very easy to setup and configure.) We have four computers, three desktops and one laptop tied into this one printer.

So if anyone needs a really good unit for a steal of a price - then check this one out at Office Depot.

This gets the Nibs :top: :top: Award! :cool:

Reaction score
That's a very good deal indeed.

I'm partial to HP printers. I too am getting a new one, an HP 6500 all in one, also with built in wired/wireless networking. Staples had if for $79 and reg price was $249 for the wireless and $199 for the wired. They're making me wait till Christmas....

HP 6500.jpg

Reaction score
I'm currently checking prices for a color laser printer with duplex features for home networking.

Preferably HP or Brother, unless you guys can talk me into another brand (this might need another thread).

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
That's a very good deal indeed.

I'm partial to HP printers. I too am getting a new one, an HP 6500 all in one, also with built in wired/wireless networking. Staples had if for $79 and reg price was $249 for the wireless and $199 for the wired. They're making me wait till Christmas....

View attachment 2037
We just threw the HP out the door aiming for the trash can. It was real pain for us, not the same model as the one you're looking at. Ink drying out, jets clogging, poor print quality, etc.

HP ink cartridges are notorious for short ink life and clogging. At least that's been the story here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cliff - I have heard good comments and reviews about the Samsung CLP315W Color Laser Printer w/networking. Only issue is manual duplex printing versus full duplex.

I have seen it priced for around $170 - 200 or so.

The nice thing about the Epson is we can get refillable ink cartridges with ARC (automatic resetting chips). That way we can cut down on our ink costs considerably.

I think the most amazing part of the setup was that once the router's security password was entered into the printer's control panel network interface it just took off and set everything automatically. Loading the software and drivers on each computer took about 2-4 minutes depending on RAM and CPU speeds.

Last edited:
Reaction score
For the most part, that is true for the older HP printers. Now the printer we have now is an HP 5610v all in one. yes it goes through some ink, the cartridge is a combo and small but the ink quality along with picture quality is near perfection. Setup on main PC was easy, had to network it old school which took a little time. I looking forward to my new one and comparing the setup/networking differences to your Epson.

Ask a Question