During startup stuck at windows screen

Reaction score
I have a Dell XPS 15Z, with an Intel CORE i5 4GB RAM, that uses Windows 7 as an operating system. Today, when starting up the computer it gets stuck on the blue-colored windows screen and none of my desktop icons and the start menu appear. I have tried a number of things such as resetting the BIOS to default, attempting to start the computer in safe mode, using "Repair Your Windows", running a diagnostics scan - all with no success. I think I'm at the point where I need to wipe the computer clean and start over, but I'm not sure how to proceed. I don't have a recovery CD. I have pulled the hard drive and extracted all of the data and files that I need.

What can I do? How to I restore the computer back to the factory settings without a recovery?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Is there any information on that blue screen? if its there,provide that it would b better.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I suggest your first option be to run a virus scan. Does your laptop have a CD/DVD-Rom? If so, then using another computer, you can burn a CD of Windows Defender Offline. Then boot the XPS to the Windows Defender CD and allow it to scan.

Ask a Question