BSOD during Fallout New Vegas; Sound Card related?

Reaction score
Hello there,

I recently experienced a BSOD whilst playing Fallout New Vegas. Using BlueScreen View, I've found that it seems to be related to my sound card. The weird thing is, it refers to a C-Media Sound Card Driver, and I don't have a C-Media sound card. My motherboard has an onboard Realtek that I don't use, and I have an ASUS Xonar DX. No such C-Media card appears in my device manager, so I can't even uninstall the drivers. I could try manually deleting the driver, but I think that would be unwise.

I've attached the minidump file. If you require any other information, please just ask.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
That driver is listed for use by several systems including:
C-Media Audio Interface Driver (WDM) by C-Media
ASUS Xonar DG Audio Interface driver
HTO CLARO Audio Interface Driver

...so update your ASUS Xonar DX

Reaction score
Righty ho, will do.

Slightly confused about what version to update to. http://www.asus.com/uk/Sound_Cards_and_DigitaltoAnalog_Converters/Xonar_DX/HelpDesk_Download/

(Windows 7 64bit drivers namely)

Notice how the most recent driver seems to be Version 7.0.8.1821 (2013/10/03) but that there is a Version 7.12.8.1794, which you'd think would be later but apparently dates from 2011/06/27. (and according to BluescreenView, the 7.12.8.1794 drivers are the ones I have)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I would go by the date: 2013 vs 2011. Unfortunately the version you are using currently is from July 21, 2013 so you probably are using the most current. If you only get this error during the game then the fault is probably the game, so check for patches to the game itself.

Reaction score
It's only occurred the once so I am going to say tis the game and sadly, just something I have to live with. Thank you for your help once again though. At least it isn't my hard drive this time!

Ask a Question