Duplicate User Profile

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a folder that mirrors my user profile in Windows. It is not a shortcut, but an exact duplicate which will cause any changes in either to be affected in sync. If I delete a folder in one, the folder is deleted in the other. The second folder is named "Test". I am unable to change the name on the duplicate profile and it does not show up when I access User Accounts.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jake

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Is this maybe just a duplicate pointer in your Libraries? If so, that is easy to deal with: In the left pane of Windows Explorer, select the high-level folder Documents (or Music, or Videos, or whichever library it is under); right-click and choose properties; Select "Test" in the list and choose Remove.

If that isn't it then, are you saying you have C:\Users\Test that clones your C:\Users\Jake folder? It would be helpful if you attach a screenshot of the folder from Windows Explorer (after you take the screenshot upload it with your next post using the "Go Advanced" button and the paperclip icon).

Ask a Question