Duplicate Autoruns entries

Reaction score
Greetings, running Autoruns I notice there are lots of duplicate entries.
ie: DimsJob.dll , mcupdate.exe and gazillions more.
Can I safely dump ALL the duplicate entries?
Thanks...vm

Reaction score
Hi Download / easy cleaner / from toni art and run a scan for duplicate files

Reaction score
files

have you downloaded easy cleaner yet?if so what happened? graham

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
easy cleaner was never really released for Vista or W7 and has not been updated in years. I also read one review that said the duplicate file finder can mess up your system if you allow it to delete duplicate files; there are very good reasons to have identical files in different folders. So if you choose to use it in W7 then you might look over the results but I wouldn't let it delete dup files.

vmars, autoruns has many tabs, could you post a screen shot of the full autoruns window showing what you say is duplicated?

Reaction score
vmars, autoruns has many tabs, could you post a screen shot of the full autoruns window showing what you say is duplicated?
Thanks for the warning.
Ok, I will take a snap shot asap.
But right now I am trying to get my printer (hp D1341) running on
Belkin (USB) wireless Router, for my two laptops.
...vm

Reaction score
Autoruns_Duplicates.png

Here is a quick one:

SendTo Windows Shell Common Dll Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\shell32.dll

Thanks...Vernon

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
When you right click on a file do you have two "Send To" menu options? Because that is what context menu's are.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I second what Shintaro said. If you see duplicate "Send To"s in the context menu when you right-click then yeah it's an issue but if not then it likely is one Send To when you right-click on a particular thing and the other when you shift+right-click (this gives an extended "Sent To" list of choices). I have duplicates of those all over Autoruns but I don't see dups in my context menus.

Last edited:

Ask a Question