SOLVED dump file analysis help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
ive had 2 bsod issues in the last 2 days and it seems to be way more of a pain to install ie10 a 8gb tool and several other packages.......i see its 1000x easier to just put into a diff system and see if it fails id know what hardware is haveing an uncorrectable failure, but this guy says to post it here. if someone can plz tell me what my dump file says id appreciate the help. ty in advance

omg i cant seem to compress, copy, move or upload this file in anyway.....if someone can tell me how thatd be great note: i can only seem to move the mini dump folder to desktop.

well i got it to upload but its probly empty following what someone said todo to a person haveing the same issue with uploading/copying

this process seems to be over complicated and over bloated todo, why cant they just create a dump file with a list of drivers that had the issue and open as plain text.......this litterally is the most stupid thing ive seen from ms

Last edited:
Reaction score
note: i can only seem to move the mini dump folder to desktop.
The next time you get a blue screen and your back up. Create a folder on the desktop and call it mini dump Then go to the mini dump folder, access it and "Copy" the content into the mini dump folder on the desktop. Compress it and then upload.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
basically you need to zip up the dmps and by default the actual dump folder is not writable by your login, so as lance said, copy them to a folder you create on the desktop (or even in your My Documents) and copy the last 5 or so DMP files there, then zip those and you should be able to attach the zip file with your next post

Reaction score
ok i will try this when i get the time, was away for weekend come back to find out a family member died so very buisy =/ also ty for the help

Reaction score
well i tried copying the dump folder contents (1 dmp file) to the desktop into a folder called "mini dump" yet it wont let me copy it still....

Reaction score
i still cant do anything with these files, also i dont see why a full administrator account doesnt have access, what am i supposed to use a limited user account or a guest account?

Reaction score
sofar all ive been able todo is move the mini dump folder in the windows folder to the desktop inside a mini dump folder is a mini dump folder within that is the dmp files yet i still cant make a copy or make a rar

Reaction score
well apperantly .rar isnt acceptable extension for upload, 7z isnt acceptable either, i zipped the folder with contents and also zipped just the contents................

Attachments

Reaction score
i cant see dmp files in the zips so idk if you can, im seriously trying every possible thing i can think of and nothing seems/looks to be working

Reaction score
well you can tell microsoft is going down hill with there email client, windows 10 was a flop also entraping people in an auto upgrade procedure, selling out to marketing by tracking everything you do......why the hell cant this just display what driver failed instead of asking to find a solution when it never can.....hello life can i have a god damn break for once!!!!! i will gladly use teamviewer if someone who can & knows how to do this, can communicate via text doc/skype "audio" if u prefer

Reaction score
so i found what the issue was and trying to read a dump file was complete waste of time, i just had to clear a hidden cache in windows 7, via command console. the req of any tools external to my os was irrelevant. this issue can be fixed in 1 minute.

step 1: open the event viewer.

step 2: check what error id you have.

step 3: do research on what the error means and how to fix it.

step 4: in my case opened command console and put in a short string to dump a hidden cache.

step 5: enjoy your windows 7 os not blue screening, w/o having to use an external application.

Reaction score
basically you need to zip up the dmps and by default the actual dump folder is not writable by your login, so as lance said, copy them to a folder you create on the desktop (or even in your My Documents) and copy the last 5 or so DMP files there, then zip those and you should be able to attach the zip file with your next post
also it is irrelevant if my "user" cant write to the dump file, the only thing it needed to do was read the dump file.

well now i know both comcast tech support and microsoft are both full of incompetent people.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I'm glad you found a solution that worked for you but there are so many different drivers and issues that could arise that there is no guarantee what worked for you will fix an error on another computer or even solve the next problem that arises on your current machine.

And just to be clear, we don't work for Microsoft, we are users who provide our knowledge and experience free of charge. If you continue to berate people who are simply trying to help you then you will be banned. If you want help from actual Microsoft support call them and pay around $180 an hour.

Reactions: Ian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question