DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (RTKVHD64.sys)

Reaction score
Hello!

the error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (RTKVHD64.sys) occures in form of the beloved bluescreen at system shutdown nearly everytime I open the program of Steinberg "Cubase LE Al Elements 6, 64bit", it is a recording program.

I know that all the recording procedure takes a lot CPU but I thought my laptop could handle this. Should be something about a driver...so far, so clear.

I bought myself a like I find pretty "strong" laptop with the properties you see in my system specs, so that such things won't happen.
But shit happens.

I contacted Steinberg support which told me to present my problem in this forum. Though I've got Windows 8.1

I hope someone can help me, if there is more information needed I can make it available.

Thank you!
With regards,
Justus

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Are you running windows 7 or 8? The DMPs seem to indicate 8.1

Your Realtek HD Audio sound driver is dated (10/2/2012 6:17:53 AM). See if a newer version is available from your motherboard manufacturer (or sound card manufacturer if it is a separate card) or from Realtek.

Reaction score
Download TDSS killer from kaspersky, try running in safe mode. When program is open select change parameters and select all additional options. I have seen this BSOD pop up a lot lately because of the pihar.c rootkit.

Hopefully this may help

Reaction score
Okay, thank you for the fast replys, I will now try one after another!

Ask a Question