Driver problem - 2 monitors

Reaction score
Hello,

I would like to add a second monitor on my computer. The first one is plugged in my graphics card, and I'm trying to plug in my second monitor to onboard vga port. Thing is this, I need some specific drivers for my onboard card and I can't run them!

Here's my motherboard model: ASUS P5Q-EM Intel G45 Chipset

- I tried to install drivers from default CD but it's not compatible with my OS (Windows 7 x64).

- I also tried to download the specific drivers from the official Intel website here, but when I'm trying to install them I get this error: "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software"

Any ideas? I need this for my job so it's kinda important for me.

Thanks

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Do you actually have a separate PCIe graphics card installed? If so then this is not a "hardware problem" it is by design; most motherboards on-board graphics are automatically disabled when a graphics card is attached. If you want dual output you need to install a graphics card with dual ports, your on-board port will NOT function.
ASUS said:
I recently bought an add-on VGA card to upgrade my system. I found that after I installed the new add-on VGA card, there would not be any display from the onboard DVI port. There is still signal on the D-sub connector. When I remove the add-on VGA card, I can get output from both the onboard DVI port and D-sub connector. Is this normal?

This is normal. Due to G45 chipset limitation, when an add-on card is installed in the PCIe x16 slot, there will not be any output from onboard DVI/HDMI ports.
(Intel does not support Hybrid function.)
ASUS

Reaction score
Unfortunately this is true.
So now what can I do? My graphics card (nvidia geforce gt640) accepts vga (which is already plugged in with my main monitor), 1 dvi-d dual (which adaptor is extremely rare and I can't find it in my country), and 1 hdmi. Is there any option hdmi to vga adaptor in order to plug in my second monitor?

Thanks

Ask a Question