Double login

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
This may be user specific and, primarily for Ian's comfort, it does not concern me to the extent of rewriting any part of the site script!
It is my customised habit, whenever leaving a site, disconnecting or switching off, that all internet traces are deleted.
I find, when I get to (only this one) this site, that, for some odd reason, I have to logon twice. Anyone else experienced this?

There are two members of my household, who share the same Ip address. This could be a reason??

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
davehc, that's a new one on me. I've never had to logon twice (unless I keyed the wrong credentials in). Your suggestion may be possible, but I have two computers, and they both connect to the same router, with no problems, but one. When I download on one, the signal drops to the other, and my download is half speed for both. But that rarely happens. I do wonder what is causing this myself, it's the first time that I've heard of it.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I use a login manager as I belong to many sites that require an account but not had to login twice ?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know, Dave :) I've not been able to replicate this unfortunately - I've just logged in on a few systems (all on the same IP) and it works ok for me.

If you log in using the top bar on a main page, does it keep you logged in at all, or do you immediately get presented with another login page?

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I just paid more attention, this morning. When I logged in, it popped up and said "Thanks for logging in ,davehc..etc", and then went back to the (empty) login screen. Curious huh!!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I just paid more attention, this morning. When I logged in, it popped up and said "Thanks for logging in ,davehc..etc", and then went back to the (empty) login screen. Curious huh!!
Once it shows the empty login screen, can you try clicking on another page that you haven't visited yet to see if it still things you are logged out? I'm sure there is a logical reason behind it, but I don't know what it is ;).

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
You are on the right track, Ian. I logged in, with the usual problem , and went to one of the sub forums, and found I was, in fact logged in???

Reaction score
logged out! blargh!!@!@!@!#!@#@$

When i use this web site some times it logs me out for no reason.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I have experienced that on this site and others, on rare occasions. I have put it down to a "time out" function, probably in my own customisation.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You are on the right track, Ian. I logged in, with the usual problem , and went to one of the sub forums, and found I was, in fact logged in???
It could just be that there is some caching going on somewhere, so you are shown the page as it was before you logged in. If you click "back" after logging in it can sometimes do this I've noticed.

You've now just been saved 5 seconds per day when logging in ;)

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Good - That's time for another mouthfull of coffee!

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hum... I had a problem kinda like this:

I log in, it shows up the "Thank you for login in" message, but then I don't have access to the UCP and posting messages.... Weird.
Stoped now, but still.

Fire Cat

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
You got lucky. I still have it! Tried all sorts of different ways to log in. I would have said it may have been something to do with the way my security is set up, but I have to discount that as it is only on this site (and the windows 8 site)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The same version of vBulletin software is used on both sites, so it could be a peculiarity due to that. I'll have another quick look on their support forums to see if there is anything mentioned about it :)

Ask a Question