SOLVED Don't Buy Cheap Mice!

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Back in October, after giving up with HP's "no service" over their battling over a $5 mouse, I replaced it with a Logitech B100 mouse from Newegg. It was on sale for $11.99 (Wal Mart had the same one for $10).

Now, less than 6 months later, I'm having troubles again. Multiple pages opens when clicking onto links, and when I click the "back" link, it goes 2 pages back. This was aggravating when I was purchasing my notebook & other equipment, so much that I dug the defective HP one out & used it.

It's under warranty for 3 years, and I'm in communication with Logitech, no big deal there, I just sent the documentation that they wanted.

My point of creating this thread is not one of seeking help, but to warn everyone. Don't buy a cheap mouse & expect it to last, no matter the warranty. For now, the replacement they'll send will have to do. I've bought a new notebook, it's arriving tomorrow, and come payday, I'm going to need to purchase a extended warranty for it.

But come first opportunity, I'm buying a better mouse, a wireless one, this pc consists of notebook parts anyway, so I'll buy a notebook/gaming mouse for it.

Logitech normally makes good parts, my wireless keyboard (K320) is working fine, I've yet to even need to change the battery in it.

Stay Away from Cheap Mice!

Cat

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Ah yes! The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten!

Here's a couple more cheap mice! LOL!

P.S.
OMG! This is my 4,000 post! LOL! Giving Cat a hard time! :D :eek: :rolleyes: :cool: :lol: ;) :beer:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm actually thinking of investing in a good, wireless mouse myself and I'm gonna try not to hold back on the budget so yeah I may go for an enthusiast gaming mouse as well. Anybody know of a good, wireless gaming mouse like the ones made by Razer?

Reaction score
I will spend between $70 and $100 on a mouse. That strategy has paid well: I've never replaced a mouse unless I want to (such as my recent upgrade from the Logitech G7 to the Razer Naga).

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I used to buy cheap mice all the time ... my boa constrictors couldn't tell the difference :p

Now for a computer my feeling is that the best mouse is a good Tracball.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Shadowalk you can't go wrong with either Razer or Logitech mice. Both make very good products.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
As long as you don't buy a cheap one, Logitech is good. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s##t:D.

Congrats on the 4,000th post, Nibs!

Cat

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
All the Logitech Trackman Wheel mice I have owned were not "cheap" ones. The first one lasted 7 years and is still going strong on another computer in the house I live in.

My new wireless Trackman Wheel is about 8 months old and is running like a champ as expected.

Your mouse probably just had a defective microswitch in the left-button setup. You can get it replaced from Logitech if you want to.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
They're supposed to be getting me out another, I just have to go through their protocol on it. We've been in contact for a couple of days.

It has a three year warranty, so I'm sure that (unlike HP) they won't risk losing a customer over a few dollars.

Cat

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
To update this thread, Logitech is ordering the mouse and will send it to me after receiving it. A tracking # will be provided.

I will say this for Logitech, they're excellent to deal with, they kept in contact with me through the process, and they didn't BS me around, like HP did. Logitech makes first class products with service to match, and I will buy from them again.

Cat

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Logitech has top-notch customer service for sure.

I am glad you're satisfied with how they're handling it.

XFX is another great company to do business with, they make Radeon graphics cards and the warranty is transferable. When my Radeon HD5770 went out on me back in November, it was about a two week turnaround time from me sending in the dead one, them testing it and then shipping me the new one.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
It came in today, all is good! Logitech is excellent to deal with.

Cat

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Taco Bueno! That's good to hear Cat!

They are a top-notch company.

Ask a Question