dll error

Reaction score
I have an ASUS laptop that runs Windows 7. Lately, I keep getting 3 error messages every time I start the computer, saying:

"RunDLL - There was a problem starting C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON\-1\System\SysMenu.dll"

I called Microsoft customer support. They said there was a virus on my pc, but that they'd charge about $200 to remove it - almost half what I paid for the pc to begin with. Can anyone suggest an alternate solution?

Reaction score
I have an ASUS laptop that runs Windows 7. Lately, I keep getting 3 error messages every time I start the computer, saying:

"RunDLL - There was a problem starting C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON\-1\System\SysMenu.dll"

I called Microsoft customer support. They said there was a virus on my pc, but that they'd charge about $200 to remove it - almost half what I paid for the pc to begin with. Can anyone suggest an alternate solution?

check this out
in the description there is a fix DLL Fixer that you can download!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you are going to download autoruns then download it directly from Microsoft, not some adfly link on youtube that simply calls it DLL Fixer.
Sysinternal Autoruns from Microsoft Technet

Reactions: Ian

Ask a Question