Disable: This program might not have installed correctly in Windows 7

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score

5-15-2010

At times, in Windows 7, after you have installed a software you may get a message box stating : This program might not have installed correctly.

This is the Program Compatibility Assistant informing you about a possibility of a program not installing itself correctly on Windows 7, and as such, is rather helpful!

But if you get this message inspite of having installed the program correctly and if for some reason, you’d like to disable this message, this is how you can do it!

Type services.msc in start search and hit Enter to open the Services console.

Navigate down to Program Compatibility Assistance Service (PcaSvc) and double click on it to open its Properties. Stop the Service and change its start-up type to Disabled. Restart.

However do note that this service provides support for the Program Compatibility Assistant (PCA).
PCA monitors programs installed and run by the user and detects known compatibility problems. If this service is stopped, PCA will not function properly.

SOURCE

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this Niburu ;)

This was becoming annoying! I use a lot of old software so this happens to me often.

Cheers,
Fire Cat

Ask a Question