Did you know about Windows+tab?

Reaction score
I may be about to make a complete fool of myself, but did you know about what happens when you have more than one window open and do it?

Most people will know about alt-tab, but with the windows key it its more fluid and animated, give it a try!

(P.S. if everybody knows about this and I'm just slow I do apologize. Simple pleasures for simple minds and all that.)

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I may be about to make a complete fool of myself, but did you know about what happens when you have more than one window open and do it?

Most people will know about alt-tab, but with the windows key it its more fluid and animated, give it a try!

(P.S. if everybody knows about this and I'm just slow I do apologize. Simple pleasures for simple minds and all that.)
Agree its very :cool: and fascinating to watch :)

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
It's a nice eye-candy feature. I keep forgetting about it though.

I'm sure with time I'll use it more often.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
You might like to try an addition to it. Hold the Ctrl and the Windows logo key and tab.

I think there is a thread somewhere on the site, specifically about shortcut keys. But for those who can detach themselves from the mouse (I'm a mouse addict) there are a whole renage listed in the "help an support" on windows 7. If you can remember them, there is little need for the mouse thereafter.

Reaction score
I'm new to windows 7, one week. Your tip was new to me. Thanks. I'll take any tips and tricks any ones has.

Reaction score
this is a neat trick but it is so fast what good is it or am i just doing it wrong

Reaction score
Hi carol - Welcome to w7forums

Holding the Windows key down and then pressing the tab will role the index one page at a time. If you hold the tab key down then the index will role until you let up one of the buttons.

Another option would be Holding the "Ctrl + Windows Key" then press "Tab". This will keep the index on the screen. You can then use the "Arrow Keys" or the Scroll on the Mouse" to go forward or backward. Once you have the selected page you want on top press "Enter" or "Click the Mouse".

Reaction score
- Hwhahwahwhahahh . I knew this a year ago . This was also in Windows Vista :p -

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Your a champ. I knew many things, as did others, regarding Windows 7, a year ago.
The essence of forums such as this, is to pass the information on to others who have not had the opportunity of seeing either Vista or Windows 7 until now.

Reaction score
- Sry, didnt ,mean to underestimate anyone !
Youre a VIP member here and I have no doubt of youre knowings.
Hope youll Un'stand me -

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
No problem. Feel welcome to offer your solutions and advice, whenever you can leap in. You may be wrong, we all go down that road! - but all the input helps to solve queries

Ask a Question