Device Manager Error

Reaction score
Recently got the following errors in Device Manager (see screenshots). I have tried

ScreenShot019.jpg

ScreenShot020.jpg

System specs

ScreenShot021.jpg

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers, reinstalling Itunes, replacing the drivers from another identical computer's window's files. When i try to update the drivers for WPD, i get this

ScreenShot022.jpg

Iphone still syncs in Itunes however.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
There is a utility to check for driver updates which I only recommend as a last resort because it's not perfect. The problem is that it is only as good as it's last driver database update so there could be more recent drivers. Also the IDs devices give off aren't always exact and it can sometimes install the wrong driver; if that driver is a video driver or something critical you may not be able to boot into normal mode so, getting your driver from the manufacturer is what I always recommend if at all possible.

That being said, it can be used relatively safely if you follow some simple guidelines.

1. Download and install Device Doctor 2.0
2. Create a Restore Point (type Restore Point into Start-search)
3. Run Device Doctor and if it finds any drivers allow it to download ONE driver and install it.
4. Reboot and verify your system is working.
5a. If it is working, Go back to step 2 (create another restore point) as long as there are drivers.
5b. If it doesn't work then ...
- boot to safe mode
- restore from the restore point
- Reboot and go to step 3 but skip over the driver that did not work

Reaction score
There is a utility to check for driver updates which I only recommend as a last resort because it's not perfect. The problem is that it is only as good as it's last driver database update so there could be more recent drivers. Also the IDs devices give off aren't always exact and it can sometimes install the wrong driver; if that driver is a video driver or something critical you may not be able to boot into normal mode so, getting your driver from the manufacturer is what I always recommend if at all possible.

That being said, it can be used relatively safely if you follow some simple guidelines.

1. Download and install Device Doctor 2.0
2. Create a Restore Point (type Restore Point into Start-search)
3. Run Device Doctor and if it finds any drivers allow it to download ONE driver and install it.
4. Reboot and verify your system is working.
5a. If it is working, Go back to step 2 (create another restore point) as long as there are drivers.
5b. If it doesn't work then ...
- boot to safe mode
- restore from the restore point
- Reboot and go to step 3 but skip over the driver that did not work
Tried that and no luck, just a bunch of bad drivers that required restores.

Ask a Question