Desktop problem

Reaction score
Im pretty stupid when it comes to things about computers.
i know a little bit but this is just beyond me i dont know if its a hardware problem software problem or what.

But i reformatted and reinstalled Windows xp Home SP2 due to virus problem, sumhow got a virus and it $#@^#@ over my computer and i wasnt able to access internet, download nearly anything, or even system restore... so i reinstalled the windows and thought that i will just start all over again,

but wen i tried to set up internet nothing would work...still... i went to device manager and said that everything was working except: Ethernet Controller, Multimedia Audio Controller, RAID Controller, RAID Controller.

They all show yellow bubble with exclamation mark in them and i try update, reinstall and watever but i cant cause no internet... i have no othr CDs other than the windows xp home SP2 disk.

i know my computer works with my internet cause it was working... before the virus.
i dont know much about the desktop because my dad is the person who gave it to me and always messed with it.

Reaction score
Hi.

You will be best off by using Killdisk to low level format the hard drive. After, install the operating system that you want to use.

This will stop the malware from staying on the hard drive like it has done to you, even with re-installing Windows.

If you install XP SP2, then get the internet connection working after and immediately install MSE without delay. Then do a Windows Update so it installs patches, including SP3.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Ethernet Controller <= this one that is flagged as not working is why you don't have internet connectivity.

Even though this is a Windows 7 forum, not XP, if you tell us the motherboard brand/model or at least the PC/laptop brand and model we may be able to point you to the drivers. Please indicate if you have XP or XP-64, because 64-bit drivers are different.

Ask a Question