SOLVED Humyo Desktop Client Problems?

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering whether anyone else seems to have problems with the online backup provider Humyo and in particular their desktop client software which "seems" to get mentioned whenever I look at a crash dump.

I used the RC1 version of Windows 7 64 bit for a while and didn't get crashes like I'm getting now. The main differences are 1) Humyo Installed. 2)Drivers for HP All in One installed (which works perfectly - something it never did under the RC release) 3) Change in memory from 2 GB of Kingston Value Ram to 4 GB of Corsair DHX Heatsink Ram.

I frequently get a stop error of 9F (Driver power state failure) and at other times, core Windows components will just stop responding (Explorer, Control Panel etc)

I've reverted to the earlier BIOS for my Gigabyte GA-M57 AMD Motherboard which I had upgraded prior to installing the retail version of Win7.

Frequent crashes are driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks all,
Dave

Reaction score
Hi Dave - Welcome to w7forums

Do you still have your old memory?
If so you can try using them again for a while and see if that helps.

Reaction score
Hi Clifford,

I could do this although it could cause other issues:)

I was using 2 GB of Kingston Value RAM and despite having another 2 x 1 GB sticks of identical memory, could never get this to run in the Gigabyte Mobo....With all 4 slots filled, the system would usually boot but then totally hang after a couple of mins. I tried changing Ram voltages etc in the BIOS but no change.

That's why I went to 2 x 2GB sticks of DDR800 Ram - checked with Gigabyte and Corsair before purchasing. This memory also passes Memtest 4.00 after running for 18+hours, 100% pass rate with 0 failures.

Thanks,

Dave

Reaction score
Possibly Solved?

Hi All,

It seems that Humyo Desktop Client does cause problems with W7 64 bit........

I was using Goodsync (part of Roboform from Siber Systems) and it was also crashing frequently. Siber systems had a look at the crash dumps and advised me to remove Humyo as their DLL (HRFSShellExtension.dll) was respinsible. Since I have removed Humyo my PC is much more stable and Goodsync runs as it should, every time.

Can anyone recommend a reliable cost effective Online backup as an alternative to Humyo?

Cheers,

Dave

Ask a Question