Daily Crashes

Reaction score
I am currently having some trouble with my computer randomly crashing at various points. I've only recently looked into the problem in event viewer after my computer crashed - I've rebooted the computer, opened event viewer and found something that may be causing the system to crash.

"The Windows Modules Installer service entered the stopped state."

I found this in the system logs in event viewer, the reason I believe this is what is causing the computer to crash is because the next event is the system being booted.
I'm actually having a problem with the same symptoms as the OP. Unfortunately, I don't see a minidump from when this happened. I've had about daily crashes like this over the last week. Howerver, I've made some changes in the last couple of days. Since then, I don't see minidumps...but I'm still having the crashes.

Anything I can do if I don't have a minidump? Not too sure why it wasn't created in this case. I'm getting
"The previous system shutdown at 1:46:53 AM on ‎8/‎27/‎2011 was unexpected." errors in the logs.

Thanks,
Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
See this thread HERE and follow the link on how to enable memory dumps.

The most common problem is outdated drivers; update to the latest.
Also, if you have a new custom build then a common problem is memory settings/timing being wrong.

Ask a Question