Cowardly cursor

Reaction score
help, my cursor won't come out of the lower left corner, or won't stay out of it. I pull it out, it dives back in, occasionally the top right corner. It stops sometimes, lulls me into a false sense of security, then starts again. For some reason behaves best while I'm on the net.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It could be a driver issue: if it is a special mouse with its' own drivers (not using native Win 7 drivers) then check the manufacturers website for updates.

Also if you have a touchpad, that can easily be touched and pull the mouse pointer.

But the more likely answer is a hardware problem with the mouse itself. Try a different mouse and see if it behaves the same.

Reaction score
I should have given more info: I've tried two different mouses (mice?? lol) and the track pad, nothing makes a difference. And thank you for your time maam's or sir's.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
So it does have a trackpad?! Try disabling the trackpad driver from Settings>Control Panel>Device Manager so that you must use the mouse. With the track pad disabled see if the drifting stops. If so then it is a hardware problem w/ the trackpad or it is your hand brushing over it.

Last edited:

Ask a Question