Currently Running Vista Ultimate 64-bit

Reaction score
I am considering switching to Windows 7. The question is, would upgrading to Windows 7 32-bit cause problems? Should I just continue on with a 64-bit system?

One annoying problem I have been having is periodically, my keyboard response becomes very slow. I wonder if this is a Vista "feature"?

Thanks in advance!

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Well, for one thing I don't think it's possible to upgrade from Vista 64bit to Windows 7 32bit.
I would do a clean install if you want to use Windows 7 32bit. However I would highly recommend that you go to Windows 7 64bit. It will run faster, especially if you have 4GB of RAM or more. Also do a clean install of the x64 OS rather than an upgrade.

Reaction score
Clean Install?

When doing a clean install, I assume I should move my data files to a different disk drive?

I also assume that I will have to reinstall all of my software from scratch after the clean install?

Sounds like a pain!

Reaction score
It is a bit of a pain. But when you do a clean install you know you will not be keeping any of the Vista glitches or making new ones through the upgrade.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
When doing a clean install, I assume I should move my data files to a different disk drive?

I also assume that I will have to reinstall all of my software from scratch after the clean install?

Sounds like a pain!
Yes, it is a pain. The benefits you'll receive with a clean install versus just doing an upgrade is significant and you'll notice a difference. Relax, kick back and get into it. Put on some jazz music and it'll go quickly.

Ask a Question