Crash to Blue Screen: 'System Service Exception'

Reaction score
Hi,

i recently started getting a crash to blue screen while playing the game Battleflield Bad Company.

The computer seems fine with other games, and i have had it for about 6 months.

Here's a dxdiag:
View attachment DxDiag1706.txt

I saw a similar post about a system dump file - i don't seem to be able to attach that. If you need it, please tell me what to do.

Thanks for any help!

Reaction score
Seems that this is fairly simple to diagnose and we should be fixed up shortly with this advice.

You're getting a few different errors, most of which are 0x3B stops.

Code:
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff88004b5c2f5, fffff8800a72d8d0, 0}

Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+3482f5 )
You see how the debugger is blaming atikmdag.sys, which is your video card driver?
Well, I can tell that it is simply wrong, based on experience.

What is causing this error, which almost always causes 0x3B errors, is the antivirus solution in use.

You'll need to uninstall the Kaspersky and then use the special tool found at the following link to make sure it is fully cleared from the machine:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

I highly recommend MSE as a replacement because it is very lightweight, doesn't slow down systems and never, without exception, causes bsod of any sort.

Fairly confident here that once you do these things, the bsods will not happen any longer. Please let us know how it seems to be going after.

Enjoy.

Reaction score
Hi again,

it's been some time now, but i finally replaced Kaspersky with MSE,yet i'm still getinng BSOD crashes.

Here are my minidumps. Funnily enough, the folder didn't seem to include any from this month - but perhaps i'm wrong.

Thanks for any further advice!

Attachments

Reaction score
The latest crash dump you posted is from last month and contains Kaspersky within it. Please post a new crash dump if problems still occur so I can say with to do with the machine as it currently stands.

For now, you could update your Realtek HD Audio driver:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

-----

Then open a command prompt and type systeminfo. Then hit enter. Use this screen to see which Realtek network you have. Then search its number on the left side of this link for new software to install for it. If it's 8111, use the link itself without searching:

RTL8111

----

There's a new video card driver to install:

Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

Reaction score
Great,

thanks a lot for the swift response and tips with the audio and video drivers TorrentG!

I don't understand why the minidumps aren't up to date, though.

I thought the computer automatically generated these when it crashed. What do i have to do to generate one manually, or what settings do i have to check to make sure it happens automatically next time? (I went to the same place as always C:/ windows/minidumps - but the furthest they go back is last month...)

Reaction score
I executed that file. It dipped into DOS and then came back with a page in explorer, but i couldn't find the file on my machine.

I took a picture of the explorer screen and attached it, for what it is worth.

When i followed the address in the address bar i got as far as users/withop - i couldn't find any path resembling AppData...

Attachments

Ask a Question