Corrupt Xlsx file. Need to repair it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello friends. I'm using MS Office 2007 with Windows 7. Everything was fine except last morning. This Sunday I made some files with file extension .xlsx for my official work in MS Excel. But on the next day when I presented them to my boss she couldn't open them. She completely went off on me. Now I have no more time, I said no more time. I know my files have been corrupted, but really don't know why? I'm searching a quick but effective method to fix my this problem. Is there anyone who can help me?
I'll surely appreciate you if you do help me or you don't.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Are you still able to open the files at home? It's quite possible she simply cannot handle the file format. If she has a newer version of office she may need to install converters for 2007 xlsx file format.

Reaction score
Hi Matthew, with the aid of professional repair tool you can fix .xlsx file with ease.

Reaction score
It might happen your boss is using the latest version of MS office and due to this yours .xlsx file had not been opened.

So, try to open the .xlsx file in the system where you have created if it open then this is clear the .xlsx files are not corrupted.

Or else try to open your ‘.xlsx’ file by making it ‘read-only’

• Click on the ‘Office button’ and then select ‘save’ for a new document or ‘save as’ for the previously saved document.
  • Next, you have to click on the ‘Tools’ and then select ‘General Option’.
  • Click on the ‘read-only’ check-box to make document read-only.
  • Now you have to open a new and blank .xlsx’ file and then copy the whole data from the corrupted Excel file to this new one. Now simply save this file and try to open it again.
Hope this will help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question