comodo or online armor.

Reaction score
hi
Which firewall would members recommend.?
Comodo or online armor.
Regards.:eek:

Reaction score
Do you mean Emsisoft Online Armor? If yes, it sucks.I installed it as a 30 day trial and had to uninstall it in 10 minutes.

Comodo firewall is the best.You can download the comodo internet security pro 2012

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/1000/standalone/cispremium_installer.exe

Extract the the setup using 7zip file manager or Winrar and find the installer in it(usually cis_setup_x64.msi or cis_setup_x86 .msi both are about 35 mb) the full installer also contain Comodo Dargon and Comodo GeekBudy

sometimes the installer will be found in cis\download\installs\xml_binaries\
Install only using the .msi file and you will get a completely free Comodo Internet Security Premium 2012 worth $49.99 (select both the antivirus and firewall option while installing or you will get the firewall only or the antivirus only version)

By this trick you can use comodo firewall or anti virus or the Internet security suites for free for ever

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
hmm i wouldnt say online armor sucks at all.i wanted a fair appraisal of both products and yet you try to make me install what on the surface looks like a hacked version of comodo.
You mention that comodo is the best well how come the avast 7 web shield is forcing a hole through the firewall.?
Im sorry but your opinion on online armor is somewhat biased.
Regards.:eek:

Shintaro

Reaction score
I use Comodo fire wall.
I find it has less problems than most and its FREE.
Windows Firewall is OK.
It is just my personal opinion.

Reaction score
Im now using comodo internet security purely because it is a very light program.I dont like heavy resource hogging programs.I have used online armor and i wouldnt discredit the program by any means.Just wondered what opinions there were on both programs.:)

Reaction score
Arnold1972

It is not a hacked version.It is 100% a comodo build application.The orginal .exe offline installer and the online installer contains the msi file but somehow when you directly install using the msi installer there is no license remainder.You get it for free for ever
There is a enter serial box on the ABOUT COMODO thing but it does no harm.
The link i posted in hosted by comodo I got the link from their own forums.

IT IS NOT A HACKED OR CRACKED VERSION IT IS THE ORGINAL VERSION

I hate online armour because when i blocke a application with the firewall,i could't even run the application which is very bad.I just wanted it to block the app fom internet not from running.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
Comodo and Emsisoft Online Armor are very good firewalls. If going free some that you can also consider are Privatefirewall. The thing with OA is that it's noisy and throws a lot of pop-ups much like the version 3 and 4 of Comodo. As I compare both OA and CIS, Comodo is much more tamer now.

OA is still noisy that is why it is important to let it scan your pc during the installation proper and make sure you let it finish. Last time I tried the QA free version it does not have the capability to import/export settings. So you'll have to do it all again when the need arises. Alerts are further tamed when upon successfull installation you put it on "Learning Mode" and open/run all your programs so you'll have the chance to see the pop-ups and make a rule for your programs application.

Security wise it's a hands down choice (on my preference). The GPCode and it's variants plus the Stuxnet and other ransomewares are blocked with Online Armor default settings while in Comodo you'll have to set it to include the *_CRYPT and /Device/KsecDD in D+ Protected Files and folder. Comodo sandbox needs a lot more work. If you sandbox browsers through the firewall then you can with both(OA has RunSafer). Only OA's is much better because if you cannot go printing something in .pdf while in a Comodo sandbox browser.

In paid firewalls OA Premium ver5.5 is still (imho) one of the best alongside Outpost Firewall Pro ver7.5.3 and of course CIS Pro ver5.10.

Of course personal preference and how you feel when you have tried it is king. So I'd suggest you try both for a week and then gauge what you like best. When using a new set-up, I'd image my system first so when I wanna go back to the previous it'll be a synch. I also save settings for those firewalls so when I re-install I'll just import the config file I saved. Beats setting it all up again :)

Some interesting links that I found when I started using Eset with Comodo. The post shows how OA/Outpost/Comodo is superior to the firewall of Eset Smart Security ver5(well on the problem stated only).

HERE 1

HERE 2

Might be a good thing to exclude you other security applications in the firewall exclusions list in OA or place it as Trusted in D+ / CIS firewall. That way conflicts will be from minimal to none.

Emsisoft Online Armor forum

Official forum download page for CIS ver5.10

Help-CIS_Comodo forums

Privatefirewall

You can get a bevy of good insights (pro/con) for Privatefirewall settings/tweaks at Wilderssecurity. A guy there from Hawaii "Bellgamin" is there to help.

example Wilders_Privatefirewall

Outpost Firewall Pro forums

Manny Carvalho is there at the OP forums if you have some questions about tweaks.

Last edited:

Ask a Question