can't get online

Reaction score
hi y'all
I could use a little help. My most recent computer purchase won't let me get online. My other machines (desktop is host, awake & online), (laptop, the same)are all win7, home networked. I get "not connected, no connections available". I did a "sfc /scannow" - no prob, homegroup setup - network discovery. everything is turned on, "view network connections" shows "local area connections" - "network cable unplugged". "Remote desktop connect" presents "can't connect". "Network & internet">"network & sharing center"
presents "you're not connected".. Clicking "connect" presents "you can't connect
to homegroup". I tried "start>computer>typed the username>saw no need to
change the options.
I'm relatively inexperienced and don't know how to proceed?

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. I did a clean install of Win7 on my desktop and it says I'm missing a network adapter but IE won't connect so I can find one. I did discover a massive list of manufacturers with driver software, I installed two and they wouldn't start. I can't find the list now.

Please remember that I'm now a dummy trying to function in a complicated digital world.

Ask a Question