Cloning Windows XP partition with windows 7

Reaction score
I have been reviewing the Installing, upgrading, and deploying threads but haven't found an answer to my problem. I have a IBM Thinkpad T60 running Windows 7. I also have another T60 that is running XP but has AutoCAD and many design jobs for my boat and house installed on it. I would like to dual boot either W7 or the XP with all of my design work on a single computer. Also, my wife uses the XP based T60 for her work so we have a use conflict. Thus a single dual boot unit for my use is, I think the best choice.

I have a couple of issues. First, I have prepared my t60 with three partitions, one containing W7 and one 20 GByte empty partition, and on 1 small partition ( left over from the initial system). I have a copy of Acroinis so I can make a clone image of the XP laptop. Can I just copy the clone onto the blank large partition and assure it has a drive letter. Secondly, how I can I achieve the dual boot capability I desire?

If there is some better way to achieve my goal, I would appreciate your suggestions. Thank you in advance for your help.

Ask a Question