Clock setting problem

Reaction score
I've got a tablet that was used for aviation chart info. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get updates for windows until I noticed that when I turn the tablet on the clock starts at 01/01/2009. This seems to be causing all kinds of problems. I mention here that I am somewhat computer illiterate so be easy with me if anyone has a solution. I've reset the clock using the internet but when I turn the tablet off and then back on a couple of days later the clock has returned to 01/01/2009. I've even put in all the updates that are available while the correct time is showing but the time problem remains with the next startup. Any ideas?

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

It sounds like the BIOS battery needs replacing. That is about all I can suggest since you haven't provided the make / model.

Reaction score
Mate,

It sounds like the BIOS battery needs replacing. That is about all I can suggest since you haven't provided the make / model.
Thank much. It looks like I may have gotten it solved. I went to time-a.nist.gov and updated the time. It now seems to be holding OK. Thanks again.

Ask a Question