SOLVED Clock Not Setting Correct Time

Reaction score
The clock in my Win 7 64 bit computer doesn't set the correct time. When I try to automatically syncronize the clock with an internet time server, I get the message "An error occurred while Windows was synchronizing with time.nist.gov." I use Norton 360, and on a message board I saw someone made the cryptic statement which I don't understand:

"I disabled the Symantec Internet Security firewall and the internet time update worked fine. Then I followed your advice to unreg and reg w32tm.exe and after that the original problem was solved."

I couldn't find anything before that statement that might explain it, but I disabled my firewall and rebooted, and unfortunately I still couldn't syncronize with an internet time server. Any ideas? Should I try the help at Norton even though the firewall doesn't appear to be the problem?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
It has really nothing to do with your firewall or security.

The windows time service is the pits. Click on your clock and go to the internet time tab and then the "Change Setting" button.

Change the time server to: time-a.nist.gov

It's listed in the drop-down menu. Much more reliable server.

Kalario

Aquarius
Reaction score
Budge,

If this solves your issue, than maybe you would want to mark this thread as solved.

Ask a Question