CDD.DLL BSOD's. Out of ideas...

Reaction score
Hi there.

I've been having BSOD's on Windows 7 since I installed, but its only under certain conditions.

It's only ever happened when playing a video file while playing a game, in this case Fallout 3, and a video in both Media player classic and Windows media player. (Both produce the CDD.DDL BSOD)

I've recently had to come down to just 1 stick of ram, due to blue screens about page files (non paged area I think, and win2k.sys) which solved them, but now this has started.

I've run memtest overnight, 12 or 14 passes and it came up clean. Latest ATi drivers, latest sound drivers, latest BIOS. I'm literally out of ideas now..

Something to note is pure video watching, and pure game playing, and overnight downloading do not trigger this, however I have had an instance where switching tabs on Google Chrome while watching a video on NFL.com has also caused this BSOD.

PC is as follows :-
AMD64x2 6000+
2GB GEiL Black Dragon ram
Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
M52L-S3P Mobo
ATI 4850
X-Fi PCI-E Soundcard.

I hope you can help, as Im completely lost for Ideas now, especially after running 2 levels of Memtest for 12+ passes each...
(hopefully) attatched are the files I've seen requested in similar topics.

Thanks for any help

Mathrin

Attachments

Reaction score
Hi.

C:\Windows\Minidump

Zip the contents there and attach to a post using the paperclip.

Reaction score
You're getting memory corruption errors.

These are usually caused by the antivirus you're running.

Completely uninstall the antivirus and enjoy your machine. :)

If for some weird reason this doesn't repair it, run Memtest86+ overnight to test the ram modules.

You should also update this asap:

portio32 portio32.sys Mon Jul 05 17:36:24 2004

and visit game.amd.com for the latest video card driver.

Also install the chipset drivers from here: http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/...?ProductID=3008&ost=windows+7+32bit#anchor_oshttp://downloads.guru3d.com/nForce-15.51-WHQL-Windows-7-and-Vista-32-bit-download-2401.html

Last edited:
Reaction score
Unfortunately, thats not possible.

I don't actually run antivirus on this machine.

Ontop of this, I did also state in the first post that I've run 2 different versions of Memtest overnight, completeing about 12 or 14 passes each, with no errors at all.

PortIO32 is up to date, as far as I am aware , as are my graphics drivers :s

I'll try the new Nforce drivers but I have a feeling they're also up to date :(

Thanks

Reaction score
portio32.sys is definitely not up to date. It's from 2004! heh heh

If it really is the latest, I'd suggest uninstalling it from the machine permanently.

Graphics driver and nForce drivers (for Sata) are not up to date either. That's why I suggested.

The problem here is most likely portio32.sys.

nvstor nvstor.sys Wed May 20 02:44:09 2009
atikmdag atikmdag.sys Mon Aug 17 23:03:58 2009

Last edited:
Reaction score
hmmm. I'll try updating portio32, as that version was the one needed for fixing my xbox's DVD drive.

I just checked the Graphics drivers and 11.17.09 is the ones I downloaded last week when I updated them :s why would they be showing as out of date?

Reaction score
Not sure. Maybe it didn't get installed correctly. You can look in C:\Windows\System32\drivers for the date of them by right clicking. Or you can also use the device manager to find driver dates.

But ya, if you can't update that portio32.sys, uninstall it. Then you can know for sure if that was the cause (almost 100% sure it is.)

Reaction score
How would I go about getting rid of that? It was installed by the add new hardware wizard and specifying that driver.

Reaction score
You can use the device manager. Set it to view | show hidden devices, then look in Non-Plug and Play section. Check the box to delete driver software, while uninstalling.

You could also rename it in the folder above I mentioned, to .bak then reboot.

Ask a Question