CCleaner v3.0 and Defraggler v2.0 coming soon

Reaction score
CCleaner v3.0 and Defraggler v2.0

Some exciting news for fans of our flagship products. In the next couple of months we will be releasing new major versions of both CCleaner and Defraggler!

Our developers and testers have been work hard to get the code ready and fully optimized. The full list of changes isn't ready yet, but the key improvements are listed below.

• CCleaner v3.0
    • Native 64-bit EXE
    • GUI Redesign

• Defraggler v2.0
    • Boot-time Defrag
    • Drive map Redesign
We'll keep you updated via the website and newsletter on exact dates as they become available.

To download the current version please visit our Download Center.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Cool Beans Cliff! Thanks for the heads up on this one!

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Two great essential programs that everyone can use. Concerned about your privacy? CCleaner can wash your daily work away, and has a free space wiper, too.

Defraggler is also a good program, doing a much better job than the built in Windows defrag does, at a faster pace.

I recommend both for daily use.

Cat

Reaction score
Two great essential programs that everyone can use. Concerned about your privacy? CCleaner can wash your daily work away, and has a free space wiper, too.

Defraggler is also a good program, doing a much better job than the built in Windows defrag does, at a faster pace.

I recommend both for daily use.

Cat
I tried Defraggler and it did not defrag anywhere as efficiently as Diskeeper 2010. Defraggler never defragged my hard drive like this.

Attachments

Reaction score
I tried Defraggler and it did not defrag anywhere as efficiently as Diskeeper 2010. Defraggler never defragged my hard drive like this.
I was wondering about Defraggler and its efficiency earlier today. When you set defraggler to defrag the hard drive, you would think that there would be nothing left for the program to do on a second pass. If on the second pass a defragging program finds more work to do, then it did not do its job the first time around.

I could understand a few small bits that may have moved between times. However after completely working the second have of my data on the second pass, Defraggler has left me wondering why this was not done on the first pass and that defragging may never be completely finished at that rate.

Reaction score
I was wondering about Defraggler and its efficiency earlier today. When you set defraggler to defrag the hard drive, you would think that there would be nothing left for the program to do on a second pass. If on the second pass a defragging program finds more work to do, then it did not do its job the first time around.

I could understand a few small bits that may have moved between times. However after completely working the second have of my data on the second pass, Defraggler has left me wondering why this was not done on the first pass and that defragging may never be completely finished at that rate.
If I defrag with Diskeeper 2010, and then try to defrag right away again, it whips across in a couple of seconds. I found the same as you with Defraggler.

Reaction score
I had a similer conversation with Torrent about defrag programs. His explanation was that different ones use different algorithms to do the job so you get different results. Dunno if is this right or not but could be an explanation as to varying results.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
One of the most essential features any defragging program should have is a "Boot Time Defrag" option. Regardless of whether it is a free program or purchased.

Boot Time Defrag does a much better job of rearranging the files, folders, etc. prior to the Windows startup programs so all pieces can be effectively defragmented.

The analytical processes of a defrag program are a little different from one to the other, but essentially they get the job done. That's why one program may state 1.2% defragmentation while another states .80% defragmentation.

Many free programs are not able to do a complete defrag on the first pass, even Diskeeper in it's early days could not do it. PerfectDisk was one of the first to be able to do it effectively.

Now a lot are doing a complete thorough defrag on the first pass. If it's the first time the program is run it will take some time to do it, subsequent passes being faster.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. Defraggler is not something I use. I use Auslogic's free defragmenter but CCleaner is a staple on my system.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
If you cannot afford, or simply don't want to pay for a defrag program, Auslogics has the best one on the market. It not only defrags, but optimizes the clusters, too.

I recommended Defraggler based on my two years of using it, usually it does OK, but at times, it leaves a little to be desired.

As for me, I use PerfectDisk Pro, a paid program, as Nibiru stated, it is the very best. That boot time option does the very best job, as it defrags files that cannot be defragged while Windows is running. And you can schedule defrag runs, if you want to. It also optimizes your drive for peak performance. You can't beat it.

Cat

Ask a Question