SOLVED Ccleaner starts at boot-up

Reaction score
Every time I boot into 7 Ccleaner loads.
I've checked my options/settings within Ccleaner itself and it should not be starting until I manually start it but each time I boot up it's also starting.
So must be some setting in 7 I'm missing.

Where should I be looking?

Reaction score
It seems strange when talking about CCleaner and referring to msconfig where startup entries are concerned. CCleaner has a startup tab that shows applications that will startup with Windows. CCleaner will delete these entries where msconfig only disables them.

Reaction score
Msconfig - startup tab.
There was no reference to Ccleaner in msconfig, however there was a Ccenhancer, I unticked that and it seems to have fixed it. Just have see now if Cc still loads manualy.

Last edited:
Reaction score
CCEnhancer

Notice the two checkboxes. If both checkboxes are checked, CCEnhancer will download the latest definitions and then start CCleaner.

CCEnhancer is a small tool which adds support for over 400 new programs into the popular program CCleaner. The tool uses the winapp2.ini system built into CCleaner to easily add new rules and definitions for programs. The rules were sourced mainly from the Piriform Support Forum, with several sourced from other places around the internet. Directly download the winapp2.ini file here.

Reaction score
Interesting as I do not recall having seen that box at any stage.

edit. I just searched on it again from the windows globe. Ran it again, that box opened and neither selection was ticked. However now specifically ticked the check for updates but not the run Ccleaner and I'll see how it goes at next boot up.

Last edited:

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
It seems strange when talking about CCleaner and referring to msconfig where startup entries are concerned. CCleaner has a startup tab that shows applications that will startup with Windows. CCleaner will delete these entries where msconfig only disables them.

Interesting idea.
I think the difference is that The check boxes in individual programs, mostly "load" the program for faster application, but do not neccessarily open it. Msconfig, on the otherhand, will actually run the program.
Try this, to illustrate what I mean. In the start up - programs, copy IE over to the startup folder in the programs. Restart the computer.

Ask a Question