Can't install Zone Alarm as it's already installed

Reaction score
I got windows 7 home premium/upgrade for Xmas.
When ever I try to install, it keeps finding Zone Alarm installed.

I've wiped every trace of zonealarm, searched entire hd for any other form of zonealarm, uninstalled zonealarm, cleaned registry with 2 different reg cleaners,
and it still won't install.

Keeps telling me it won't install because of zone alarm.
I'm at my wits end. I can't find any trace of zone alarm on my system,

Don't know what else to do...

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

J.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
It sounds like you're trying to do a "upgrade" install. Correct?

ZoneAlarm will leave traces in the registry and other places.

You might try downloading PC Decrapifier, it's free program designed to wipe out all traces of programs and such.

Go here: http://www.pcdecrapifier.com/download

You might also try Smarty Uninstaller 2009, it's fully functional for 15 trial period and does a great job of finding traces of old programs left behind after an uninstall.

Go here: http://www.winnertweak.com/download.html

You might want to try doing a custom install or what's known as a "clean" install. You'll find that clean installs give you much better results than doing the upgrade install.y

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
So you've never had Zone Alarm already installed on your system?

Do you have any other security/anti-malware packages on your computer, as sometimes ISPs bundle debranded versions of things like Zone-Alarm in their own software.

Reaction score
Delete the ZoneLabs folder by hand in Windows\System32. Also put the system32 folder in date order. Then find vsdata.dll. Delete that and all other files having the same date. (Check them all first to make sure they are created by Checkpoint.)

Then merge this to the registry by extracting then double clicking on it:

Attachments

Ask a Question