Can't get printer disk to install

Reaction score
I was able to install either the hp printer software via download or disk. I forget which. I needed to change compatability so it accepts xp or vista. Forgot how? darn, darn, darn, darn,

Reaction score
Hi There,

I've also got an issue with a HP Photosmart C4585 wireless printer. I've used Windows 7 RC to locate the printer and drivers, etc have been automatically installed. I can see the printer in wondows normally, computer can communicate wirelessly with printer, but documents are sent over but not printing out. Nothing remains in queue.

Cannot run HP's installation CD as compatibility mode is only allowed to be used for programs already on the computer. Have downloaded the software packages from HP website and run in XP compatibility and as an administrator but there are many files "missing", it all started with the installation looking for usbscan.sys.

Any ideas? Everything seems in order just need the last push!!

Thanks,
Rob

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
You don't run the actual disk in compatibility mode. Explore the disk and find the program file that is the driver installer and run it in compatibility mode. :D Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Can now print via USB, but not via wireless? Printer is seen by computer and laptop thinks that print job is sent and completed, but nothing prints. USB will be ok, but would love to have the wireless functionality back! Thanks for suggestions so far!

Ask a Question