can't delete a strange file


H

housetrained

A folder named 20575407c5cd8d0434 has appeared on the 'C' HDD. When deleting
get the: Folder access denied - You need permission to perform this action
You require permission from S-1-5-21-1409082233-1547161642-725345543-1004 to
make changes to this folder.
Never seen anything like that before. Any help appreciated.
 
Ad

Advertisements

S

Speaking in silver

housetrained said:
A folder named 20575407c5cd8d0434 has appeared on the 'C' HDD. When
deleting get the: Folder access denied - You need permission to perform
this action
You require permission from S-1-5-21-1409082233-1547161642-725345543-1004
to make changes to this folder.
Never seen anything like that before. Any help appreciated.
This will do:

http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/
 
S

SC Tom

housetrained said:
A folder named 20575407c5cd8d0434 has appeared on the 'C' HDD. When
deleting get the: Folder access denied - You need permission to perform
this action
You require permission from S-1-5-21-1409082233-1547161642-725345543-1004
to make changes to this folder.
Never seen anything like that before. Any help appreciated.

--
John the West Ham fan

(e-mail address removed)
<><
It is most likely a folder created by Windows Update. What are your
Auto-update settings? Windows may have already downloaded it and is waiting
to install it, or has already installed it and is waiting on a reboot to
finish the installation and delete the folder.

I would be very careful before willy-nilly deleting folders. . .

SC Tom
 
B

Bruce Hagen

housetrained said:
A folder named 20575407c5cd8d0434 has appeared on the 'C' HDD. When
deleting get the: Folder access denied - You need permission to perform
this action
You require permission from S-1-5-21-1409082233-1547161642-725345543-1004
to make changes to this folder.
Never seen anything like that before. Any help appreciated.

--
John the West Ham fan

(e-mail address removed)
<><


Double click on the folder to see the files in the right hand pane. Hoover
the mouse over them. Are they VDM files?

CrystalBall© sez you have Microsoft Security Essentials installed and these
are MSE updates. If so, don't delete them. In fact, MSE only updates
manually or when you run a scheduled scan, (assuming this option is
checked). Check for more updates.
 
H

housetrained

Bruce Hagen said:
"> Double click on the folder to see the files in the right hand pane.
Hoover the mouse over them. Are they VDM files?

CrystalBall© sez you have Microsoft Security Essentials installed and
these are MSE updates. If so, don't delete them. In fact, MSE only updates
manually or when you run a scheduled scan, (assuming this option is
checked). Check for more updates.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]
Imperial Beach, CA
Yes they are VDM files. I deleted all that could be before my original post
but the one that would not go is still there. Just done an update to MSE and
a quick scan. A scheduled full scan is due Saturday.
Thanks for the info.
 
Ad

Advertisements

B

Bruce Hagen

housetrained said:
Bruce Hagen said:
"> Double click on the folder to see the files in the right hand pane.
Hoover the mouse over them. Are they VDM files?

CrystalBall© sez you have Microsoft Security Essentials installed and
these are MSE updates. If so, don't delete them. In fact, MSE only
updates manually or when you run a scheduled scan, (assuming this option
is checked). Check for more updates.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]
Imperial Beach, CA
Yes they are VDM files. I deleted all that could be before my original
post but the one that would not go is still there. Just done an update to
MSE and a quick scan. A scheduled full scan is due Saturday.
Thanks for the info.

You're welcome.
 
Ad

Advertisements


Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top