Can't change video from 16 bit to 32 bit color in XP Mode

Reaction score
I am unable to switch color depth from 16 to 32 bit in XP Mode.
Nvidia website says I have the correct & latest driver installed.

This problem is preventing me from running some of my old graphics programs.

Any thoughts?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Unfortunately it appears as though you can only use 16-bit colour in XP Mode, unless you disable Integration Services (you can to this from the Tools menu in Windowed mode). If that is disabled you can then use 32-bit colour, but you lose other abilities as a sacrifice.

Reaction score
OK, I understand what you are saying about Integration Service but, what Tools Menu in which window?

I only got 1 1/2 hours sleep last night :( so I'm easily confused today :confused:.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It's in the main Virtual PC Window, it should look like the screenshot below. I am having some problems with XPM on my machine (I uninstalled it and now it won't reinstall for some reason) otherwise I would have posted an article on it for you. You may need to press ALT for the menus to appear, I can't remember if that is the case.

Reaction score
I just clicked the Restore button to get the menu to appear.
I changed the setting to Manual, I now have 32 bit.

Thanks Ian

Reaction score
If you can't re-install XP Mode you will probably need to manually delete the folder(s) associated with it, then run a registry cleaner such as IObit Advanced System Care or CCleaner. I would run both.

Ask a Question