SOLVED Can't access NAS

Reaction score
Hi,

I just got a DLINK 320 and I can access the config page but when I try and connect to the drive with the IP it comes up with

Windows cannot access \\192.168.0.32

My Windows Server 2008 R2 has found it fine. I mapped it and it shows in My Computer if only I could get it to work so smoothly in W7, where can I start

Any ideas,
Thanks

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Verify your network connection has "Client for Microsoft Networks" enabled. Source

To check go to control panel>network and sharing center. Click Change Adapter Settings. Select your LAN connection. Hit the Properties button. Make sure "Client for Microsoft Networks" is checked.

If that isn't your issue, and if you have W7 Pro or higher then try debonairone's idea of changing the Group policy Setting (same source as above) ...

• Open gpedit.msc from from Start | Run
  • From Computer Configuration, Windows Settings, Security Settings, Local Policies, Security Options
  • Locate the Network Security: LAN Manager Authentication level
  • Change value to "Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated

Last edited:
Reaction score
Verify your network connection has "Client for Microsoft Networks" enabled. Source

To check go to control panel>network and sharing center. Click Change Adapter Settings. Select your LAN connection. Hit the Properties button. Make sure "Client for Microsoft Networks" is checked.
This solved the problem. Thanks :)

Ask a Question