Cannot access the internet?

Reaction score
Hey all, As you can tell I am new here. Early this morning I installed windows 7 home premium 64bit. When i tried to use my broadband to go stick it will not install. When I check properties I get the (code28 and 10). Can anyone point me in the right direction or offer some advise on what I am doing wrong. I know it is not the stick because I am using it right now on my laptop. Ask any questions and I will try to answer the best I can. Thanks Wanabe7

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Sounds initially like a driver problem.
Open the device manager and see if the device has a yellow tag on it. If so , right click it and try to "update driver".
What make is the USB stick?

Reaction score
Hey davehc, the stick is a novatel brand Ovation MC998D through Virgin Mobile. Thanks for the quick response. wanabe7

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I am not familiar with the device, My knowledge of it is a bit less than 0%. But I found this. There is a setup PDF doc for downloading.

Reaction score
Hey davehc, I found a driver that now at least it tells me "this device is working properly" but I cannot set it up or connect or adjust the settings. Where did you find the PDF doc? thanks wanabe7

Ask a Question