SOLVED Can not find Minidump folder in Win7 64-bit Ult

Shintaro

Reaction score
Have you installed the new driver?
Could please tell me what directory nvspcaps64.exe is in?

Reaction score
After Install should i turn the verifier on again ?

PS: ok the update is done

Last edited:

Shintaro

Reaction score
Yes, Driver verifier need to always be on until we find the problem with the computer crashes.

Reaction score
Shintaro, still no crash

I have researched a lot about my problem and I spoken with an technical of enermax about mine Nobreak enermax, I also spoke with an expert in surge protectors .
The expert in surge protectors said that my system only need 400w for work, i check in many power supply calculators and all most them was at 400-450w and asus calculator at 550w and my LG E2350V 23,5 need average 28w.
The expert in surge protectors said that the cause of the power outages may be the fact that my PSU Corsair HX 1050 ATX GOLD PLUS has 2 capacitors of 470uf so even my PC being in Idle mode could still cause power outage in my nobreak.
The technical of enermax told me from his experience my nobreak could handle at max 500w and not for an long time, if you check here my Nobreak Enermax Magic Power II 1500 can handly maximum power 900w, if you divide that value for √¯ 2 you gonna find 635w looks like this number is my average power idk.

The fact that my nobreak not endure more than 500w could explain the fact that all mines previous PSU had the same problem, because everyone was 750w,I want to put my PC directly into the outlet without the use of nobreak but a few years ago i tryed this on my first PC and the problem kept happening, I thought the nobreak was not the cause...For now I will not put that new PC straight into the outlet, because it raining a lot lately in my town and a risk of power loss is great, I'm thinking maybe put into a technical assistance and ask him for change the PSU and nobreak for a few days to see if it solves the problem.

I found this about my PSU "Haswell compatibily with Corsair" Look like my PSU is compatible but i dont understand alot for get sure about that
I also sent an email directly to support enermax and to support Cosair. And I'm waiting for an answer.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

It's good that you haven't had a crash.

About the power requirements......in my limited knowledge of electronics you would need to be doing some very intensive operations on your computer to use a lot of power.
Anyway, each day please ensure that Driver Verifier is running we need the crash dump files to figure out what is still crashing your computer.

Reaction score
Shintaro good news and bad
- the good news is No crashs, everyday that dont crash i feel so happy i mean 4 year with same problem and look finaly he is gone, also im checking everyday if verifier is on. i had to thanks you alot for this shintaro
- the bad news is thunder crashed near my house at 2am last night (02/03/14), my whole neighborhood lost power, my UPS held the power outage and I turned off my PC with calm, 13:00 pm I tried to connect my PC and this msg was appearing "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device" I turned the power off and on several times but the same msg appearing, i checked bios and everything was fine, then after 3-4 i press F12 boot menu and finaly my HD apeear and i selected it and everything was fine, then again my energy was gone and 3 hours later i turn on my PC again but this time he just turn on fine.

That was alot scary, idk how i can check if everything is fine with my HD or how to fix any corrupted file in my win 7.

PS: i yet dint got any msg about corsair or enermax about my PSU and my UPS

Shintaro

Reaction score
Ok, that's good that you haven't had any crashes. Turn off Driver verifier and wait and see what happens for a couple of days. If there is still no problems after a couple of days then please mark the thread as solved.

In relation to your hard drive problems I personally prefer SpinRite but it is $89 USD.
The other thing is that your BIOS is on F03 and F08 was released on the GigaByte website on January 24th 2014.
Possibly your problems could be an issue with the Hard Drive Interface on your motherboard, so a BIOS update may fix that.
HOWEVER, updating the BIOS is a last resort and can brick the motherboard.
So if you feel unsure, get a computer tech to update the BIOS, but again it is a last resort.

Reaction score
I crash today as always was on the morning but this time crash when i was playing, no minidump, shintaro I was thinkng about this time we dont make changes until the next crash for we see how much progress we did.

Nível Crítico 07/03/2014 07:10:51 Kernel-Power 41 (63)
Nível Crítico 24/02/2014 20:49:37 Kernel-Power 41 (63)
Nível Crítico 24/02/2014 20:46:13 Kernel-Power 41 (63)
Nível Crítico 24/02/2014 20:42:12 Kernel-Power 41 (63)

Reaction score
Mate i got anothe crash no dump, i wonder why most of time i have crashes at morning when my monitor is turned off and im sleeping, you think that any task that usually happens on the morning could be the cause ?

Also the last 2 days since my last crash at 07/03/2014 12:24:42 i was playing almost 24h an game called Trine 2 this game is high intense CPU and i played like almost full time(almost 10-12h per day) the last 2 days and i dint have any crash when playing this game.

Nível Crítico 09/03/2014 08:04:53 Kernel-Power 41 (63)
Nível Crítico 07/03/2014 12:24:42 Kernel-Power 41 (63)

Also Corsair aswer me:
My Corsair HX 1050 ATX PLUS GOLD is too much for my Nobreak Enermax Magic Power II 1500 ?

Corsair - "For HX1050, you would need a battery backup that is capable of supporting minimum 1050watts. Please consult with Nobreak manufacturer to see if it meets this spec. Thank you."
Healt - "Can you explain with a little more detail for me? what kind of information do you need in order to tell me if my nobreak can support my HX1050 ?

i realy appreciate if you can give me an hand here, this is my nobreak .pdf:
http://www.enermax.com.br/download/laminas/lamina_magic_power.pdf

The info is on portuguese my native lang but i can translate to you i just need know what kind of information you need to see if my nobreak can hold my system.

its true that my HX1050 has 2 capacitors in parallel and sometimes my HX1050 can pull/drain 1050w of my nobreak even in idle ?"
Corsair - "Unfortunately we do not test any UPS with our PSUs as UPS is not PSU designed to work with. A 1050 watt PSU does not draw 1050w continuously; it only draws the amount your computer needs, so the caps shouldn't cause the issue. We would suggest you to consult with your UPS support team for compatibility. Thank you."

Im still talking with Enermax since only Enermax on my country make nobreaks and international enermax dont make nobreaks

Last edited:
Reaction score
Another Crash no Dump:
Nível Crítico 10/03/2014 06:45:14 Kernel-Power 41 (63)
Nível Crítico 09/03/2014 08:04:53 Kernel-Power 41 (63)
Nível Crítico 07/03/2014 12:24:42 Kernel-Power 41 (63)
Nível Crítico 24/02/2014 20:49:37 Kernel-Power 41 (63)

Also i talk with an Enermax Engineer that build the nobreaks he dont think my problem is caused by the capacitors and he dont think my nobreak is the cause of my problem, he advise me put an DPS ( an kind of surge protector in the energy system of my house ). well i think i gonna try do that. im running out of ideas here.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay, I caught the flu, but I am better now.

Anyway, it is very strange that there are no crash dump files. If your computer is going in to hibernate or suspend mode overnight, the work-a-round is to turn it off in power settings.

So the things that I can suggest now are:
Check every night that Driver Verifier is running.
Or maybe it's time to try that BIOS update.

Reaction score
my driver verifier is off should i turn on ?
bios update only when i get my external HD on my hands maybe i also clearn install witth another kind of win like win 8.1 pro. i checked some people that try but dint work but i think i have to try everything.
People that try win 7 to win 8 and win 8.1 pro clean install but dint work you can check here

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate you need it on to catch what driver is causing the problem.

Yea, you can try a different version of Windows, but my main suggestion now would be to update your BIOS.

Reaction score
Shintaro I have a hypothesis:
If I told you that the problem happens when the computer is idle in 5-8h (i mean if i sleep 12am it happens 6am if i sleep 3am it happens 11am).
you have any idea what it might be?

Also i will check everyday for see if verifier is on
verifier /querysettings

Reaction score
I will mate when i get the external HD in hands i cant take risks right now

Ask a Question