Call Of Duty MW3 Help

Reaction score
I have looked for the reason, can't seem to find the cause, searched other gaming forums as well everyone has random ideas,...so I'll ask it here as well.
Recently while playing Call Of duty MW3 the game will randomly minimize to the desktop..no rhyme or reason the the time or frequency. Some days doesn't happen at all. The video drivers are up to date, checked all my hardware and I have about a dozen other games installed including ALL of the Call of Duty series and it does not do this on any other game. I figure it has to be something to do with the particular game and not Steam or drivers because the other games and steam games are fine. I do not have the video cards overclocked either. I have tried every "so called fix" that other forums have suggested..so I will see if anyone here has any ideas. THANKS for the help

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Not a gamer myself but ...
Just out of curiosity, what type keyboard or controllers are you using. Reason I ask is my first thought is some sort of shortcut keys to minimize are getting pressed.

Reaction score
No keyboard shortcuts setup. I can just start the games sometimes and not even touch keyboard or mouse and it just minimizes to desktop...very strange indeed
(Saitek Eclipse Gaming Keyboard and Raptor gaming mouse 2000 dpi)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well I was thinking of the Windows + down arrow key, W7 shortcut to minimize. My keyboard allows me to completely disable the windows key and I leave it like that because I bump it so often.
... But if you aren't even touching the mouse or keyboard then that's not likely it (unless the buttons are stuck).

Hopefully someone familiar with that game will come along with an idea.

You didn't mention it but I also assume you are running the latest patch version of the game (maybe 1.06 for PC ???)

Last edited:

Ask a Question