busy mouse in Eudora

Reaction score
I'm using Windows 7, 64 bit OS and Eudora 7.1.09. I'm also using a Toshiba L675 laptop.

Each time I check for mail, the mouse cursor goes busy and if I'm typing, I cannot complete the word till the mail is checked. This will happen for only a second or two, but is frustrating because it stops everything till mail is checked. I'm using automatic check mail with Eudora.
This did not happen in XP or Vista. I'm noticing it though here with Windows 7. Any idea as to why that happens and how to overcome it?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Run the program Process Explorer and see what it shows is taking CPU at the time the mouse locks up. See if it is svchost or if it is Eudora. Are you using Eudora 7.1 ... as this may have been fixed in the latest issue?

Reaction score
Run the program Process Explorer and see what it shows is taking CPU at the time the mouse locks up. See if it is svchost or if it is Eudora. Are you using Eudora 7.1 ... as this may have been fixed in the latest issue?
Thanks for the reply. I'm using the latest Qualcomm Eudora, 7.1.0.9. This will put cpu usage up to 7-10% usage max.

Why am I not seeing svchost under Processes? I think I'm where you want me to go. I've opened the Task Manager and am in Processes.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Process Explorer is more in-depth than Task Manager. It can be downloaded freely from Microsoft.

Please see the Systems Monitoring section of the w7forums recommended freeware programs listed here.

Or a direct link here.

Svchost is the executable windows uses to run underlying SERVICES such as DNSCache. And I am curious if it is in fact the Eudora that is taking the processing or if it is an internet SERVICE such as DNSCache.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Process Explorer is more in-depth than Task Manager. It can be downloaded freely from Microsoft.

Please see the Systems Monitoring section of the w7forums recommended freeware programs listed here.

Or a direct link here.

Svchost is the executable windows uses to run underlying SERVICES such as DNSCache. And I am curious if it is in fact the Eudora that is taking the processing or if it is an internet SERVICE such as DNSCache.
Ok - I'll get that downloaded in a bit - I'm on the way out. I doubt it to be an internet service, for if I try Mozilla's Eudora, the busy signal, halting, is not there. It's only when I check the mail that this happens.

Thanks for the reply. I'll touch basis in a bit and let you know what I get the program mentioned. Thanks for the reply.

Reaction score
Trainableman, you solved the problem. I've been to the Eudora Forum but never got the fix. why am I happy you pointed me to that link. The part that took care of the busy mouse cursor and the system stopping for a second or two to check mail was the following ...
>>>>>>>>
Hold down the keys CTRL and SHIFT, then with these keys held down, go to Tools: Options. It will ask you to reset your settings file - say yes and see if the problems continue with a new settings file.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I remember using this some years back but my memory banks failed. Thanks for coming in on this! Appreciated!!!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
glad you got it working :)

Are you still using Google chrome?

Last edited:
Reaction score
You're glad and I'm gladder!!! Now actually how long that will last might be another thing, but hopefully it does the trick.

I'm still using Google Chrome - no problems as of yet. Thanks again for your help!!!

Ask a Question