BSOD

Reaction score
I just did a clean install of windows 7 and thought that would take care of all the blue screens that have been happening but right when i started playing video games i started getting computer crashes and blue screens. also i keep getting blue screens when trying to download World of Warcraft. I am wondering if formatting the system partition would help but any advice or help will be great.

Attachments

Reaction score
Hey.

You have a very problematic driver on the system.

Code:
ASACPI   ASACPI.sys   Sun Mar 27 22:30:36 2005
To update it, visit your motherboard manufacturer's website. Go to the specific page for your board. Go to downloads then utilities section. Download and install the latest ATK0110 utility found in it.

You also have to update your network driver:

Code:
Rt64win7 Rt64win7.sys Thu Feb 26 04:04:13 2009
There are two ways to do so.

1) Open device manager. Double click on the network section. See which exact Realtek lan you have. Then search for it on the left side of this link:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=23&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

If you can't find it there for some reason, then

2) You can find it on your motherboard's website under download, drivers section.

Please let me know if these two updates fix the bsod problem for you. Post a new crash dump if not.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well it worked but now my computer is freezing and just restarting. i think i downloaded the right realtek driver but im not for sure. it wasnt on the link so i got it off my motherboard website. my realtek thing is Realtek RTC8168D/8111D

Reaction score
The Realtek driver isn't installed now. Try running the install file again.

Also, Razer drivers crash a lot. Try to update your Razer mouse or keyboard driver from their website.

Reaction score
If there's no update for the Razer device, then I would turn off the machine. Physically remove the device from the system and replace it with something else. Boot to Windows and test the machine out like this.

Code:
PFN_LIST_CORRUPT (4e)
Typically caused by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists (ie: calling
MmUnlockPages twice with the same list, etc).  If a kernel debugger is
available get the stack trace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000099, A PTE or PFN is corrupt
Arg2: 000000000009ca51, page frame number
Arg3: 0000000000000003, current page state
Arg4: 000000000009f803, 0

Debugging Details:
------------------

BUGCHECK_STR:  0x4E_99

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
[COLOR=Red]
PROCESS_NAME:  NagaConfig.exe[/COLOR]

CURRENT_IRQL:  2

Reaction score
what do u think the problem is with the driver? becuase it said it was suppose to be compatable with windows 7

Reaction score
Finally, a little something better to go on it seems.

From one of the crashes:

Code:
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff88004a640de, fffff88001f2e9e8, fffff88001f2e250}

Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+3c30de )

Followup: MachineOwner
Although I have to wonder about something else actually causing the video driver to crash. They don't usually do that nowadays as they are rather good.

Anyhow, there is a new update available for you to install for you video card. Here's the link:

Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

I would also make sure the video card fan is clear and working well. If there is excessive dust or dirt, clear it out.

Which video card and which power supply do you have (or Watt rating?)

Reaction score
now my computer only seems to freeze up when i try to download world of warcraft or play video games.

Reaction score
Four things to consider and/or try:

1) Use Driver Sweeper from Guru3d.com to clear the machine of all ATI files, drivers and settings. Use it in safe mode. Reboot to normal mode and then install the latest video driver again.

2) Uninstall all utilities/software from the motherboard manufacturer in the normal method.

3) If crashes still occur, then run Driver Verifier. This will hopefully make the bsod crashes show exactly which driver is the problem. Here's how:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/mic...t/473665-driver-verifier-windows-7-vista.html

4) Test the memory overnight by letting the machine run Memtest86+

Very likely there is something wrong with memory, considering the nature of all different types of crashes happening.

Reaction score
I figured out that both sticks of RAM are error-tastic. It only took memtest not even one pass to find that out so im gonna get with ozc about that :D. Also thank you for all of your help and patience with all my blue screens.

Ask a Question